Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Rumour] Devils listening to offers on Taylor Hall

11 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Agree 100%. Hall and Subban 2 of the biggest cancers in the league. No wonder they are struggling so much in NJ.

Ditto both have never really won and I wonder how all that ego is affecting there two #1's: Hischer and Hughes ?   Also, would there record be a true indication of the locker room ?  

Edited by ShawnAntoski

11 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Agree 100%. Hall and Subban 2 of the biggest cancers in the league. No wonder they are struggling so much in NJ.

What makes either player a cancer? McDavid seemed to really like Hall. Subban, certainly has a huge ego that's come crashing down to Earth, but have teammates stated that he's a problem?

• Hydration 1

I think the Oilers should offer to send back Larsson and see how fast they get laughed at :)

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Hughes, Demko, 1st for Hallsy. 

Add Pettersson on condition Hall must play one game for us.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, EliasBoeser said:

Add Pettersson on condition Hall must play one game for us.

I would put him on waivers tbh. Not even worth the negotiation 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

I mean, when you win an MVP award, that's as close to carte blanche as it gets in my books. 

11 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Ditto both have never really won and I wonder how all that ego is affecting there two #1's: Hischer and Hughes ?   Also, would there record be a true indication of the locker room ?  

Hischier isn't even 21 yet. Jack Hughes is still 18! They'll be fine.

On 11/30/2019 at 10:25 AM, Darius said:

If they Canucks were even thinking of pulling off a big move like this I would prefer that they spend the assets on a legit offensively minded top 4 d man.  Someone besides QH that can rush the puck and generate points from the blue line.  A guy that can play on a different pairing than QH and transition the puck and or generate rushes would do wonders for the top 6.

Nailed it.

• Hydration 1

On 11/30/2019 at 10:25 AM, Darius said:

If they Canucks were even thinking of pulling off a big move like this I would prefer that they spend the assets on a legit offensively minded top 4 d man.  Someone besides QH that can rush the puck and generate points from the blue line.  A guy that can play on a different pairing than QH and transition the puck and or generate rushes would do wonders for the top 6.

We have Rathbone and potentially OJ in the system for this purpose. To acquire what you speak of is going to be pricey in assets and salary (just like for Hall). I do hope we get Ristolainen somehow without paying up a massive price. With that said, I think we already made the power move with the Miller trade, so unless there's a bargain out there, I can't see us making another deal.

57 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

We have Rathbone and potentially OJ in the system for this purpose. To acquire what you speak of is going to be pricey in assets and salary (just like for Hall). I do hope we get Ristolainen somehow without paying up a massive price. With that said, I think we already made the power move with the Miller trade, so unless there's a bargain out there, I can't see us making another deal.

If he can stay healthy, OJ is probably going to be as good, if not better, than Risto.

Breezer

Rafferty

OJ

Try

Woo

Rathbone

If those guys all make it to Van, the d corp is in pretty good shape

• Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

I mean, when you win an MVP award, that's as close to carte blanche as it gets in my books. 

Hischier isn't even 21 yet. Jack Hughes is still 18! They'll be fine.

BBBBBBusts.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

If he can stay healthy, OJ is probably going to be as good, if not better, than Risto.

Breezer

Rafferty

OJ

Try

Woo

Rathbone

Not a lot of top end talent, but serviceable players and some potential top 4 guys. I don't disagree with you about OJ, but it's hard to ignore his health. Risto can play 25 mins a night, provide decent offense and is a relatively physical guy. I think OJ might be a smarter player, so they provide different attributes and it's tough to say if OJ will be "as good".

I think many will be sleeping on Rathbone. Tryamkin could easily be a top 4 guy. OJ right now IMO is a top 4 dman, but it depends how his progression goes. I'm hoping Breezer becomes a left side Tanev. Woo is a bit of a wildcard where it's hard to gauge his potential. I'm just trying to think longer term and how we will replace Edler and possibly Tanev in the near future. I like our depth, but do we have that high minute man all situations type guy in there right now? Do we have that incredibly smart defensively guy in this group on the right side? It's going to be interesting to see how things shape out.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Breezer

Rafferty

OJ

Try

Woo

Rathbone

If you’re banking on pretty much the entirety of your D prospects making the show you’re in for a bad time. We’d be lucky if more than two of those guys are legit NHLers.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

If you’re banking on pretty much the entirety of your D prospects making the show you’re in for a bad time. We’d be lucky if more than two of those guys are legit NHLers.

well, I think we've seen enough from Breezer to see he's an NHL dman.  OJ would likely be in Van, playing top 4 mins now if he had been healthy the last cpl seasons.  Try, well, we know he's a guarantee for at least top 5.........so Rafferty, Woo and rathbone are the only real unknowns and I think rafferty is almost as sure as Breezer. 

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

well, I think we've seen enough from Breezer to see he's an NHL dman.  OJ would likely be in Van, playing top 4 mins now if he had been healthy the last cpl seasons.  Try, well, we know he's a guarantee for at least top 5.........so Rafferty, Woo and rathbone are the only real unknowns and I think rafferty is almost as sure as Breezer. 

tryamkin is nhl for sure. in my mine oj and rathbone as well  woo might be a decent 5/6 dman nhler no complaints 

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

tryamkin is nhl for sure. in my mine oj and rathbone as well  woo might be a decent 5/6 dman nhler no complaints 

Injuries are the only reason OJ is not playing regular top 4 mins in Van this year.  I can't even imagine how deadly the pp is going to be with two PPQB's out there at the same time.

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

Injuries are the only reason OJ is not playing regular top 4 mins in Van this year.  I can't even imagine how deadly the pp is going to be with two PPQB's out there at the same time.

I'm not as optimistic about OJ as I once was. I'm not calling him a bust or think it was the wrong pick or anything either. Certainly don't want that puke drafted after him on this character team either. With that said, if the injuries didn't happen, I would agree with your assessment, unfortunately these injuries will and may already have altered his future with this team. Most players don't bounce back to their original form and fall behind in development. I think there is still a future for OJ with Vancouver, but I'm cautiously optimistic as to what he may become or not. I think his saving grace is that he seems more like a cerebral player and can play the game smart and adjust to his skill-set not being as superior as it may have been had things gone more smoothly for him.

Just one quick example that comes to mind is someone like Nolan Patrick who skill-wise was surely a top end pick, but injuries have really set him back. The difference though was Patrick had a known history of his injuries prior to his draft, so whoever took him knew it was a gamble. With OJ, no one could've predicted the future.

Edited by theo5789
  • Burrows 1

I like Marky as much as the next guy but we have to be realistic with his contract situation and future with the franchise with Demko already on the team.

Markstrom + Leivo + Stecher for Hall (with an extension)

Hall - Pettersson - Boeser

Miller - Horvat - Pearson

Roussel - Sutter - Ferland

Gaudette - Beagle - Virtanen

it allows us to have two legit scoring line or one monster top line. that's a deep playoff lineup IMO.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I guess the question becomes what is the definition of an NHL dman? Not writing anyone off, but Brisebois and Rafferty are long shots to be regular contributors of an expected contending team. Of course more development could change things. Solid depth (which is needed), but replaceable players is where I'm currently grouping them. Sautner, Chatfield and Teves are in this group IMO. Utunen is a player that may get to this group to replace any depth looking for a chance elsewhere or are aged out of development time.

Barring any significant changes, I would say a lot rides on Tryamkin solidifying himself as a top 4 dman (which likely sets the future of Tanev on the team if not decided already). OJ has a couple of years to show what's he got, but there's a chance someone like Rathbone overtakes him. If they both pan out on the left side, then our LD is set for a few years.

So what does our RD look like? Myers is here for a few years. Top 4 dman IMO. Tryamkin hopefully is another top 4 guy. Stecher is serviceable, but what is his long term future? (Is he looking for a raise and where does he fit in?) Woo has the most potential to slot in, but as I've mentioned, IMO he's a bit of a wildcard.

So as it stands, there's not a lot there to replace what Edler and Tanev provide at their level IMO, so either we need a solid collective effort every night or we may still need at least one more top end minute munching guy hopefully before Edler retires.

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I guess the question becomes what is the definition of an NHL dman? Not writing anyone off, but Brisebois and Rafferty are long shots to be regular contributors of an expected contending team. Of course more development could change things. Solid depth (which is needed), but replaceable players is where I'm currently grouping them. Sautner, Chatfield and Teves are in this group IMO. Utunen is a player that may get to this group to replace any depth looking for a chance elsewhere or are aged out of development time.

Barring any significant changes, I would say a lot rides on Tryamkin solidifying himself as a top 4 dman (which likely sets the future of Tanev on the team if not decided already). OJ has a couple of years to show what's he got, but there's a chance someone like Rathbone overtakes him. If they both pan out on the left side, then our LD is set for a few years.

So what does our RD look like? Myers is here for a few years. Top 4 dman IMO. Tryamkin hopefully is another top 4 guy. Stecher is serviceable, but what is his long term future? (Is he looking for a raise and where does he fit in?) Woo has the most potential to slot in, but as I've mentioned, IMO he's a bit of a wildcard.

So as it stands, there's not a lot there to replace what Edler and Tanev provide at their level IMO, so either we need a solid collective effort every night or we may still need at least one more top end minute munching guy hopefully before Edler retires.

I absolutely think Breezer is going to be an NHL regular top 6 dman.  He's very much like Tanev, but more durable and probably a better skater.  He might not be a guy who stands out, but I think he's going to be a solid player. 

I can see Myers being in Van until he retires, and though he's not perfect, he's a pretty good all around dman.  I also think Tanev stays for another contract, at least.......if he can stay healthy that is.  If things unfold favourably, in 2-3 years, I see a top 6 of

Hughes Tanev

OJ   Myers

Breezer Tryamkin

Rafferty

Edited by stawns