The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December (01-07) 2019

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, mll said:

1'000 NHL games for Mikko Koivu today - all with the Wild. 

Gotta admire that, most players don't hit 1000 games and very few do it with one team. 

Lot of people hate Perry, but I still think it's a shame he wasn't able to do that as a Duck. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Gotta admire that, most players don't hit 1000 games and very few do it with one team. 

Lot of people hate Perry, but I still think it's a shame he wasn't able to do that as a Duck. 

He's the 55th player to have played their first 1'000 games with the same team - 54th skater / Brodeur being the only goalie to have hit that mark.

Koivu also scored the shootout winner.    

Several milestones for the Wild.  This game was also Stalock's 100th career start and Suter's 1100th NHL game.  Staal played his 1200th game on Friday.

• Cheers 1

After playing one game short-handed they can invoke roster emergency exception.  It allows them to recall a player that has a cap hit of no more than 800K this season and not have him count against the cap.   

Edited by mll
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mll said:

After playing one game short-handed they can invoke roster emergency exception.  It allows them to recall a player that has a cap hit of no more than 800K this season and not have him count against the cap.   

Toews and Kane are great, but they have other guys making way too much coin.  Hawks have three Cups though, so their struggles now (and likely for the next decade) are worth it - IMO.  

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Sabres score five goals in the first period.

They lead 6-0 in the second period.

Let’s hope they score all their goals tonight and Calgary on Wednesday and go on a 1 game goal drought in Vancouver before pouring it on again against the Oilers

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

I don't think Hughes and Kakko should be in the NHL this year. Hate when teams don't develop their guys properly. 

I've been saying that since watching the two really struggle this season.  They are boys, and need to physically mature.  The AHL is where those two should be, but the league is about selling tickets, and the top picks seem to need to play now for that purpose. Kakko is slow, and Hughes is weak.  They both need time to mature.  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I've been saying that since watching the two really struggle this season.  They are boys, and need to physically mature.  The AHL is where those two should be, but the league is about selling tickets, and the top picks seem to need to play now for that purpose. Kakko is slow, and Hughes is weak.  They both need time to mature.  

Totally agree. I think when NJ trades Hall they'll consider it, but I don't see the Rangers sending Kakko down for the ticket selling reason. Not fair to the players