The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December (01-07) 2019

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Mrazek shouldn't have swung at him tbh. 

I get being frustrated when guys are digging for pucks, but if you swing your stick at a guy and he drops you it's likely deserved. 

Mrazek in the wrong sport, that flop was embarrassing.

NHL needs to star fining these guys like Nurse, Mrazek before it starts looking like soccer out there. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, J-23 said:

NHL needs to star fining these guys like Nurse, Mrazek before it starts looking like soccer out there. 

They have a process in place to fine players - their names are made public after the 2nd infraction.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I'm not sure it was a dive tbh. Goaltender interference happens, but it's still uncommon for players to come into contact with a goalie, let alone punch one. 

I couldn't hear what was being said between them, but I don't imagine Mrazek was expecting Joe to punch him. 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm not sure it was a dive tbh. Goaltender interference happens, but it's still uncommon for players to come into contact with a goalie, let alone punch one. 

I couldn't hear what was being said between them, but I don't imagine Mrazek was expecting Joe to punch him. 

This is not a dive? Ya he got punched but it wasn't as bad as he made it out to be.

All everyone is talking about is his dive.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/4/2019 at 9:18 PM, Alflives said:

Leafs are losers again.  The shine is off the new coach.  When do Shanahan and his little buddy Dubas get the axe?  

Media hyped them up with the new coach and everything.

Everyone knows a team will play much better the first week or so with a new coach.

Now those bums are back to their usual self.

Noticed that the Edmonton McDraisaitl's were up 2-1 on LA, with one or both of McDraisaitl on both of the goals so it got me to wonder how often that was the case this year. 

Yes, I was bored, but McDavid and/or Draisaitl have been in on 70 of Edmonton's 93 goals this year (75.3%).  So in 31 games this year only 23 goals have been scored where McDavid or Daisaitl haven't been scored it or assisted on it.

Who needs secondary scoring, am I right?

52 minutes ago, J-23 said:

This is not a dive? Ya he got punched but it wasn't as bad as he made it out to be.

All everyone is talking about is his dive.

Perhaps it is. There appears to be a delay shortly after being punched. But I don't imagine he was expecting to be hit at all, which is probably why there was a delay in him going down. 

Might have taken him a second to realize his team could benefit.

Edited by Coconuts

Not a bad night round the league. Arizona lost and Edmonton finished off LA in regulation, I was worried LA would manage to force OT. I'd prefer LA to win but three points games won't help us.

If Washington can put away Anaheim in regulation that'd be great. 

Edited by Coconuts

15 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Mrazek shouldn't have swung at him tbh. 

I get being frustrated when guys are digging for pucks, but if you swing your stick at a guy and he drops you it's likely deserved. 

I have no problem with Mrazek swinging the stick at him.  The puck was covered for some time, and IIRC, that can hurt a fair bit, especially when someone that big is cruising in and takes the jab.

I didnt see the stick connect, so aside from being his normal dirtbag self, I don't see why Joe felt the need to throw a punch.