The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December (01-07) 2019

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Olofsson might take it if Makar is hurt long term. Easier position to play and be sheltered plus alongside Eichel. Quinn plays regular top 4 minutes, so harder to shelter him despite putting a smart d partner in Tanev with him, but none of that really matters in Calder voting.

True. Plus eastern bias. Makar and Hughes are so elite that I hope one of the two dmen win it. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, mll said:

Tkachuk got 2min for cross-checking and 2 min for roughing with less than 30 seconds to go.  

Lol, why’d Laughton skate right into Brady there? Seem like he wanted to go, but didn’t know how. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He wasn't trying to scrap anyone he's got a broken finger right now, Sens were going after him all night though 

BT would have beat the living piss out of him.

I still like seeing the players police and conduct themselves the old school way of not relying on the refs to do it. 

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

BT would have beat the living piss out of him.

I still like seeing the players police and conduct themselves the old school way of not relying on the refs to do it. 

Was gutless of Brady to crosscheck him and jump him while down. That's not old school that's a b**** move. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Was gutless of Brady to crosscheck him and jump him while down. That's not old school that's a b**** move. 

Haha, BT is no bitch, nor gutless, but I get where you’re coming from. 

At first I thought, oh ya, look at him padding his PIM stats by dropping his gloves and making a show after taking the first penalty. 

I’d rather he didn’t slash him first and had instead chased him down, but I bet it it would have been a Bertuzzi incident, rather than a fight. 

I suspect we won’t see mediocre players play dress-up tough-guy and taunt BT again. That’s old school retribution right there, no matter the means or how you perceive the juice being worth the squeeze. 

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Haha, BT is no bitch, nor gutless, but I get where you’re coming from. 

At first I thought, oh ya, look at him padding his PIM stats by dropping his gloves and making a show after taking the first penalty. 

I’d rather he didn’t slash him first and had instead chased him down, but I bet it it would have been a Bertuzzi incident, rather than a fight. 

I suspect we won’t see mediocre players play dress-up tough-guy and taunt BT again. That’s old school retribution right there, no matter the means or how you perceive the juice being worth the squeeze. 

No that was gutless. 100% not old school. Old school he would square off instead of hitting him from behind then jumping him while he's down. Take of your Tkachuk homer goggles for a second man. 

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No that was gutless. 100% not old school. Old school he would square off instead of hitting him from behind then jumping him while he's down. Take of your Tkachuk homer goggles for a second man. 

I like gutless then. 

I also think intimidation is key to the game within the game. 

BT demonstrated something about etiquette and why the opposition, let alone those why openly taunt him, needs to be very much aware of where he is on the ice and why and to not poke a bear, so to speak. THAT is old school, just as much as any gentlemanly squaring off is. (Howe/Messier, etc) 

Gutless.

Cowardly.

Stupid.

Bad man

bla bla bla

Don’t taunt your opponent. 

Intimidation in the NHL works because of reputation.

The results of his behaviour are what I’m speaking to here, while you’re on the morale high ground about squaring-off, old school, which I’ve stated I’d rather seen than a slash, etc.

But I also love the game within the game of BT being a scary thought to all Flyers, fans, etc. 

10 bucks says you wouldn’t be thinking how gutless BT was if it were you in place of SL next game. You’d have pee filling your skates as you went into a corner with him. :P Nothing personal, I’m serious about hockey here. 

SL is a rugged enough dude, but I’m going to guess that he “hears footsteps” from now on against the Sens. Mission accomplished, along with the don’t taunt me, stuff. 

We can agree to disagree on this one, bud. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I like gutless then. 

I also think intimidation is key to the game within the game. 

BT demonstrated something about etiquette and why the opposition, let alone those why openly taunt him, needs to be very much aware of where he is on the ice and why and to not poke a bear, so to speak. THAT is old school, just as much as any gentlemanly squaring off is. (Howe/Messier, etc) 

Gutless.

Cowardly.

Stupid.

Bad man

bla bla bla

Don’t taunt your opponent. 

Intimidation in the NHL works because of reputation.

The results of his behaviour are what I’m speaking to here, while you’re on the morale high ground about squaring-off, old school, which I’ve stated I’d rather seen than a slash, etc.

But I also love the game within the game of BT being a scary thought to all Flyers, fans, etc. 

10 bucks says you wouldn’t be thinking how gutless BT was if it were you in place of SL next game. You’d have pee filling your skates as you went into a corner with him. :P Nothing personal, I’m serious about hockey here. 

SL is a rugged enough dude, but I’m going to guess that he “hears footsteps” from now on against the Sens. Mission accomplished, along with the don’t taunt me, stuff. 

We can agree to disagree on this one, bud. 

Laughton will be fine and it'll be a different story when he doesn't have a broken finger and isn't being jumped from behind and down on the ice. 

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Laughton will be fine and it'll be a different story when he doesn't have a broken finger and isn't being jumped from behind and down on the ice. 

Well, I wish Laughton a speedy and full recovery, mainly so that when he next decides to taunt Tkachuk, any Tkachuk, a broken finger won’t excuse him from having to watch his back or from hearing footsteps. 

THAT is old school, my friend, every bit as much as squaring off. Both are from the school of players policing themselves. We almost never see it anymore, only the true rat stuff like Marchand does. Even Bure was part of that culture. Domi on Ulf. Some  players poke the wrong bear. 

I wonder which kind of fight we’ll see from those two? 

Huggie bear stuff by SL, I assume? I hope BT gets SL’s lid off before he pounds it flat. 

We know it’s demanded by the gods now. 

I’m hoping for several dances well into the future, when the Sens will finally be a winning team because BT winning will be that much more of a sting to SL, etc. 

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Well, I wish Laughton a speedy and full recovery, mainly so that when he next decides to taunt Tkachuk, any Tkachuk, a broken finger won’t excuse him from having to watch his back or from hearing footsteps. 

THAT is old school, my friend, every bit as much as squaring off. Both are from the school of players policing themselves. We almost never see it anymore, only the true rat stuff like Marchand does. Even Bure was part of that culture. Domi on Ulf. Some  players poke the wrong bear. 

I wonder which kind of fight we’ll see from those two? 

Huggie bear stuff by SL, I assume? I hope BT gets SL’s lid off before he pounds it flat. 

We know it’s demanded by the gods now. 

I’m hoping for several dances well into the future, when the Sens will finally be a winning team because BT winning will be that much more of a sting to SL, etc. 

If Brady was so tough he'd actually square off with him instead of jumping him. December 21 will be the rematch, will be pvr’d as I'll be going to the Canucks-Pens game 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

If Brady was so tough he'd actually square off with him instead of jumping him. December 21 will be the rematch, will be pvr’d as I'll be going to the Canucks-Pens game 

I accept the IF Then statement, but simultaneous outcomes are also possible. 

Lucky you, despite 87 not being present. I’ve yet to see him at a live game. Sucks, because he is one of my all-time favs and will likely go down as a top 7 player. 

I haven't yet been to a game this season. 

I think I’d want to watch either Buffalo or Colorado because of their young Dmen, and ours. 

• Cheers 1