The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers, 7PM PST December 1, 2019 -- B2B Part 2 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

20 minutes ago, xereau said:

Barring no more injuries, and despite his 4 point game last night, where does Pearson fit with this team?

These are the lines as I see them with everyone healthy:

Miller Petey Boeser

Jake Bo Gaudette

Roussel Sutter Ferland

Schaller Beagle Motte

There has to be a trade coming at some point to break the winger logjam, no?

I think Pearson will be on Bo's line and Gaudette will be sent down.  Gaudette and Bo haven't played together very often if at all this season, and Pearson is pretty much a mainstay on Bo's wing.  But let's worry about this when there's actually a fully healthy group of forwards.  Still have Motte, Beagle, and Sutter out.

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I think Pearson will be on Bo's line and Gaudette will be sent down.  Gaudette and Bo haven't played together very often if at all this season, and Pearson is pretty much a mainstay on Bo's wing.  But let's worry about this when there's actually a fully healthy group of forwards.  Still have Motte, Beagle, and Sutter out.

He has 11 points in 17 games, wish they wouldn’t. 

26 minutes ago, xereau said:

Miller Petey Boeser

Jake Bo Gaudette

Roussel Sutter Ferland

Schaller Beagle Motte

I would ice this lineup personally:

Virtanen-Petterson-Miller

Boeser-Horvat-Rousell

Guadette-Sutter-Pearson

Ferland-Beagle-Motte

Healthy scratch: Leivo, Erickson, Schaller

• Upvote 1

I dont see how u can trade Pearson and Leivo for that matter. they are 2 players that contribute offensively quite well as depthplayers. Leivo has great wheels and is creative. Pearson is more power and with a decent shot. Also Ferland is a much more powerful type of player to get in front of the net and create space. I like Gaud a lot this year and he is having a bit of a breakout season by scoring goals and is more suited to be a top 6 player then a bottom 6 which means u will have a competition for the winger spots on the 2nd and 3rd line. 

The only line to be intact at this point is Miller-Petey-Brock. If we can find another player like Miller to place next to Bo and Gaud develops into a fully fledged Sniper then we would have 2 Top lines imo. For now we got our cards dealt and i dont see a trade happening unless its something of a Roleplayer C for another bottom 6 role. 

in any case.....its Gameday back to back against a top team thats out for revenge for last night. I hope we can maintain that same lockdown of their Mcdraisaitl line and we should win this. Both should be equally tired so its a question of who wants it more. Im hoping the fans creates that motivation and support and with that a wonderful 4-2 win. Also hoping Edler is not on the IR list. This time Petey, miller, Brock and Gaud with goals. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not like I'm rooting for or want Pearson moved but we do need some cap flexibility. Anyone saying we shouldn't worry about the cap is out to lunch. 

I also appreciate that you would trade someone that other teams may actually want.....

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

My second proposal was Loui, Leivo and some used dirt for Taylor Hall. And MAYBE throw in a 2nd if he re-signs. :ph34r: lol 

I think they'd have to give us a bit more....Loui is signed for term, so they wouldn't have to worry about re-signing him....

Edited by rychicken
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

CDC worries about the cap more then those in charge of managing it. And nothing ever comes of the fears. This will be the same as it is every cycle.

Thank god for the CDC faithful to remind management that there’s a cap.

I assume they’d forget to manage it if not for fans constantly wringing their hands over it.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Gaudette is waiver eligible now he's with the team for the year. 

That'll make things a bit more complicated.  Gaudette needs to play, but who is he gonna play over?  Guess it'll depend on the type of team we're up against if he's in or out.  But again we will have to wait and see if there are other injuries or not.

• Cheers 1