The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers, 7PM PST December 1, 2019 -- B2B Part 2 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Not to mention three finalists in three years.

Now you've sent me on a mission to do some hockey research...

Alright, results are in:

Prior to the 1967 expansion teams had three Calder finalists in the space of three years (two in one year is allowed for this) a total of 9 times, with both Montreal and Toronto doing it three times each.

Since the 1967 expansion, here are the occurrences of a team having three Calder finalists in three years :

Three Calders in three years.png

Just need a prospect to elevate their game for next season (Rathbone, Lind, Hoglander or dare I say OJ?), then Podkolzin can come in and make it 5 years in a row!

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Not to mention three finalists in three years.

Now you've sent me on a mission to do some hockey research...

Alright, results are in:

Prior to the 1967 expansion teams had three Calder finalists in the space of three years (two in one year is allowed for this) a total of 9 times, with both Montreal and Toronto doing it three times each.

Since the 1967 expansion, here are the occurrences of a team having three Calder finalists in three years :

Three Calders in three years.png

Very interesting. I also find it interesting that prior to Elias Pettersson winning it last year, Pavel Bure was the only Canuck rookie to ever win the Calder way back in 1991-92.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Exactly one third of the season done. Good time to look at some real numbers. All of our young core are on pace for career years!

Pettersson - 93 points

Miller - 81 points

Boeser - 72 points

Horvat - 69 points 

Hughes - 66 points :wub:

The future is here. The future is bright. Go Canucks go

Eriksson - 2 points

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chickenspear said:

Nice to see Fantenburg get back in the line-up

He would have needed to be in the lineup to get back in it. Glad he finally gets a chance, hopefully his fresh legs should be a welcome addition to the D group. Edler's shoes are going to be a big fill for the D group.

3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

He would have needed to be in the lineup to get back in it. Glad he finally gets a chance, hopefully his fresh legs should be a welcome addition to the D group. Edler's shoes are going to be a big fill for the D group.

Whose getting the spot of 1D, any idea? Tanev and.....?