The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers, 7PM PST December 1, 2019 -- B2B Part 2 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

Van should have the advantage of last change and home crowd.

Demko could get the net

Smith was pretty bad last game does he go again?

Green had Edler and Tanev together to shut down McD and Dras and he should be able to keep that all night with last change.

Edmonton's 2nd 3rd and 4th lines let them down a bunch. They may come out hitting way more.

RNH was missing last game is he in today? That makes a difference for them.

1 hour ago, CptCanuck16 said:

While I'm eternally optimistic, realistically I don't see it happening either. Last night's loss was the first time all season EDM has lost two in a row. It's doubtful they're going to drop three. Tippet will watch the tape and make adjustments whilst TG will employ the exact same strategy because, hey, it worked last game.

The Oilers did do a great job shutting down the Lotto Line and chances are good that we won't get 5 goals again from our secondary scoring. Im predicting a 4-1 loss with McD and Dri having a multiple point night.  I hope I'm wrong obviously!

The Oilers will start falling in the standings. Have 2 players carry the team on the back for 82 games is not sustainable 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

cant see us winning in regulation tonight. 

FTFY

1 hour ago, CptCanuck16 said:

While I'm eternally optimistic, realistically I don't see it happening either. Last night's loss was the first time all season EDM has lost two in a row. It's doubtful they're going to drop three. Tippet will watch the tape and make adjustments whilst TG will employ the exact same strategy because, hey, it worked last game.

The Oilers did do a great job shutting down the Lotto Line and chances are good that we won't get 5 goals again from our secondary scoring. Im predicting a 4-1 loss with McD and Dri having a multiple point night.  I hope I'm wrong obviously!

Realistically, I will revisit this later.

And what's wrong with using a strategy that worked?  Tippet likely had tape of the Penguins game too...so it seems that wasn't enough to prepare against us the first time.  Nothing says "tape" will help him this time around either if you're looking at things realistically.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

• -SN- pinned and featured this topic
7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

FTFY

Realistically, I will revisit this later.

And what's wrong with using a strategy that worked?  Tippet likely had tape of the Penguins game too...so it seems that wasn't enough to beat us the first time.  Nothing says "tape" will help him this time around either if you're looking at things realistically.

i hope you are right

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ahf149 said:

The Oilers will start falling in the standings. Have 2 players carry the team on the back for 82 games is not sustainable 

for me its Smith, he's too old to maintain how he's been playing. He broke apart too easily last night. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

She'll go, you know she'll go, she'll go on crutches, she will go and she'll go on Tuesday night, to see her Dragon Slayer Burr!

My son and I met him at the pre game skate, in Toronna on our Canuck road trip, he and Mason Raymond did a meet and greet. One of those Canuck moments you never forget.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

It's actually an 8 pointer weekend. Which is why these two games are HUGE.

Fantenberg's in then? Going to be cool to see what he can do. Tippett will not be happy about yesterday so I expect a much more prepared Edmonton team tonight.
That said, there's a lot of talk about them missing RNH... one guy can't possibly make that much of a difference, can he? 

So i look at their teama stats, and obviously you have Leon/Connor at the top with just redonkulous numbers, but then there's a pretty big drop after that.
They have 2 guys who are (way) over a ppg. 
Comparatively, we have 5 guys who are at, or around a ppg. 
I can't wait to see how this shakes out when Roussel, et al get back. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fecklund said:

It's actually an 8 pointer weekend. Which is why these two games are HUGE.

Fantenberg's in then? Going to be cool to see what he can do. Tippett will not be happy about yesterday so I expect a much more prepared Edmonton team tonight.
That said, there's a lot of talk about them missing RNH... one guy can't possibly make that much of a difference, can he? 

So i look at their teama stats, and obviously you have Leon/Connor at the top with just redonkulous numbers, but then there's a pretty big drop after that.
They have 2 guys who are (way) over a ppg. 
Comparatively, we have 5 guys who are at, or around a ppg. 
I can't wait to see how this shakes out when Roussel, et al get back. 

Sam Gagner still on an NHL roster says it all.

• Upvote 2