The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers, 7PM PST December 1, 2019 -- B2B Part 2 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

3 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Exactly one third of the season done. Good time to look at some real numbers. All of our young core are on pace for career years!

Pettersson - 93 points

Miller - 81 points

Boeser - 72 points

Horvat - 69 points 

Hughes - 66 points :wub:

The future is here. The future is bright. Go Canucks go

I believe Pettersson will be around or over 100 points, I'm not alone on this one.

This isn't basketball where two players can carry a team for long periods of time and into the playoffs.

We got into their heads last night with a complete team effort, just continue working hard conceding the one or two that Connie and Peon get.

• Cheers 2

This could be a pivotal turning point game from a team growth standpoint if we win back-to-backs against the Oilers. Especially after the disastrous implosions we've experienced.

This would regain the early momentum we had and give us a ton of confidence going into December.

If Demko gets the nod tonight, he needs a big win to get back on track. This will be a tough one. What I do like about Demko is his ability to remain calm. Hopefully last night's win has everyone jacked and chomping at the bit to do it again. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 6string said:

This isn't basketball where two players can carry a team for long periods of time and into the playoffs.

We got into their heads last night with a complete team effort, just continue working hard conceding the one or two that Connie and Peon get.

Remember when they tied it at 2, and they showed the Edmonton bench. McDavid was pretty happy with himself, laughing and acting all "i'm awesome" with his water bottle.
I was thinking "yeah, great pride cometh before the fall, ya dumb chode"
Sure enough..... he looked at lot more serious at the end of the game....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One thing I hope NOT to see tonight is the play by our D at the blue line. It's been something I've harped on forever it seems like.... but that goal by Kassian last night.
That was just a brutal play.
We're way too passive at the line and that was a perfect example. Kassian was already tee-ing up his wrist shot at the blue line and Benn just glided back humped over with his stick poking out... doing absolutely nothing to stop him. Kassian was almost at the faceoff dot before he let that shot rip!
Dear Lord.... you can't let a guy glide like 30+ feet into your zone and not smash him.

More smashing needed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Jack Fig said:

As long as they come out skating well and are responsible with the puck, the Canucks will bag 2 more points. Just gotta do those things. 

100%, fig.

It's all about the start with these kids. Whatever they did to get ready yesterday needs to become routine.

• Cheers 2