The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers, 7PM PST December 1, 2019 -- B2B Part 2 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

26 minutes ago, fecklund said:

Gotta give it to him though... man, talk about mileage...

He just turned 30, and this is his 15th season in the NHL. 

:shock:

What the heck?? How does that math work?? Did he start is NHL career at 15 or 16?

11 minutes ago, fecklund said:

One thing I hope NOT to see tonight is the play by our D at the blue line. It's been something I've harped on forever it seems like.... but that goal by Kassian last night.
That was just a brutal play.
We're way too passive at the line and that was a perfect example. Kassian was already tee-ing up his wrist shot at the blue line and Benn just glided back humped over with his stick poking out... doing absolutely nothing to stop him. Kassian was almost at the faceoff dot before he let that shot rip!
Dear Lord.... you can't let a guy glide like 30+ feet into your zone and not smash him.

More smashing needed. 

Considering Kass had McD and LD on his wings I think Benn was anticipating a pass. 

1 minute ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Considering Kass had McD and LD on his wings I think Benn was anticipating a pass. 

all the more reason to get in his face before he's into your zone. I get being mindful, but that gap was just ridiculously too big. You're practically begging him TO pass... 

15 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Shouldn't change our game plan, but every bit helps.

Kassian's actually decent on the top line and was one of the few pieces with size and some skill Edmonton ices. Russell being out helps us, their defense wasn't great to begin with. They've just bought into Tippet's system. 

20 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Yup, just play their game.  Again. 

It's the Coil that has to figure things out, and now, without the benefit of last change either.

When the McDrai line is on the ice, get pucks in deep. Much like in football, don't give the opponent a short field. Make that line go 200 feet to get their scoring chances. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2