The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers, 7PM PST December 1, 2019 -- B2B Part 2 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

6 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Oilers are gonna come hard tonight.

Canucks better be ready cause McJesus is mad and will be out to prove a point.

If the Canucks are going to win tonight, it will need to be Pettersson's line which leads the way.

Hopefully the Lotto line will benefit from the Oilers putting their checkers on Pearson 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The part of this you struggle to grasp, while I agree Brown has done a decent job. His PP is not enjoyable to watch.

It is in the same vain as Jacques Lemaire on a lower level imo. Jacques Lemaire was a great coach, I'd rather watch paint dry though. 

Some of us just aren't fans of Newell or his structure and it's not wrong for some of us to see the potential of this PP with a BETTER PP coach. 

I think being effective and scoring goals is very enjoyable. I imagine most are on this boat, but perhaps I'm wrong.

32 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The part of this you struggle to grasp, while I agree Brown has done a decent job. His PP is not enjoyable to watch.

It is in the same vain as Jacques Lemaire on a lower level imo. Jacques Lemaire was a great coach, I'd rather watch paint dry though. 

Some of us just aren't fans of Newell or his structure and it's not wrong for some of us to see the potential of this PP with a BETTER PP coach. 

OUCH! Nasty

You want the pp to be enjoyable to watch? Watching paint dry you say?

Are you applying for the job?

Go Canucks go 

37 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Makar is also significantly better defensively, that is the part of his game a lot on here really gloss over. 

I have watched Makar and of course I have watched Quinn closely and Makar is good but I believe Quinn is better

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, TNucks1 said:

i think makar is better slightley, both great players though, glad quinn dropped too us.

Makar plays zero defence.  Plus Makar is only good with the puck on his stick in an offensive situation.  He’s an all or nothing risk taker.  Quinn is a far more complete player, who has a far greater hockey Q. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 2

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Makar plays zero defence.  Plus Makar is only good with the puck on his stick in an offensive situation.  He’s an all or nothing risk taker.  Quinn is a far more complete player, who has a far greater hockey Q. 

This is just an awful take, there’s already Norris candidate talk around him as a rookie.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/dobberprospects.com/prospect-ramblings-just-how-good-is-cale-makar/amp/

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Makar is also significantly better defensively, that is the part of his game a lot on here really gloss over. 

You are way wrong here.  Makar has low defensive hockey Q.  Have you watched him play; I mean really watched?  He’s atrocious without the puck on his stick and attacking.  Yes, he’s great when he is attacking with the puck, but (in the old NHL) he’d be in the minors. 

6ACF7746-CE83-44D7-893E-F953E57D67F6.jpeg

• Wat 2