The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers, 7PM PST December 1, 2019 -- B2B Part 2 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

This is just an awful take, there’s already Norris candidate talk around him as a rookie.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/dobberprospects.com/prospect-ramblings-just-how-good-is-cale-makar/amp/

Norris is all about points, when it should be about the best complete defensemen.  Go to the Av’s board if you prefer their players.  

B90BF297-0B12-4554-A1B5-82CC5B78494F.jpeg

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You are way wrong here.  Makar has low defensive hockey Q.  Have you watched him play; I mean really watched?  He’s atrocious without the puck on his stick and attacking.  Yes, he’s great when he is attacking with the puck, but (in the old NHL) he’d be in the minors. 

6ACF7746-CE83-44D7-893E-F953E57D67F6.jpeg

I have watched him play. And your assessment is laughable at best alf.

While he's not a shutdown dman by any means, he is far from atrocious without the puck...

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Norris is all about points, when it should be about the best complete defensemen.  Go to the Av’s board if you prefer their players.  

B90BF297-0B12-4554-A1B5-82CC5B78494F.jpeg

I don't “prefer” their players, I'm realistic about players around the league too and as of right now, Makar is better than Hughes. SLIGHTLY, that doesn't make me a troll in any way. 

• Like 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I don't “prefer” their players, I'm realistic about players around the league too and as of right now, Makar is better than Hughes. SLIGHTLY, that doesn't make me a troll in any way. 

By the looks of his picture, he's also calling you some sort of Doctor :lol:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I have watched him play. And your assessment is laughable at best alf.

While he's not a shutdown dman by any means, he is far from atrocious without the puck...

He’s terrible defensively without the puck.  He often gets lost in coverage, because he doesn’t really get the defensive game.  Like I said, he’s great attacking with the puck, but he’s terrible defensively.  Quinn is a far more complete player. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You’re player evaluations are cute, just like this little doctor.  They, IMO, are narrow minded and lack maturity.  Makar does great things offensively with the puck.  He needs to greatly improve his defensive awareness.  

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So its happened 16 times that the Norris Trophy winner was not the highest scoring Dman, and the last 5 times too. So the league seems to be trending away from that assertion.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

You’re player evaluations are cute, just like this little doctor.  They, IMO, are narrow minded and lack maturity.  Makar does great things offensively with the puck.  He needs to greatly improve his defensive awareness.  

yeah,

but in your opinion...cats are a tasty treat

• Haha 3

Just now, xereau said:

So its happened 16 times that the Norris Trophy winner was not the highest scoring Dman, and the last 5 times too. So the league seems to be trending away from that assertion.

Good, then Quinn has a good chance of winning.  And guys who can’t play without the puck (Makar) will never win.  That’s how it should be. 

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

There were other people here earlier saying the same thing. Not a big deal, imo. It's slight.

I'm really curious to see how Quinn's game is in the back half of the season. If the team gets better, so will he. 

• Cheers 1

Go Canucks, grind out another!!!!

Game notes and predictions;

McDavid goes home with nightmares that derail his season

Petey and Noeser come alive 

Questions start to arise (as they should) over the quality of Oiler goaltending.

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

It’s too early to make that assessment right now.  Hughes is one year younger.  The Avs have a better offensive team right now.  Hughes may have the edge defensively although they both need to work on their defensive side of the game.  We need a couple more years to see where both are at.  If the Canucks goi for Barrie in the summer then that would make Hughes a better fit for the Canucks as Barrie is a right shot.  

• Upvote 1