The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ZACK KASSIAN

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, hockeygod77 said:

IF THE CANUCKS kept him and was patient as some of the current players he may have been fun to watch..but as i have looked things over sure he is a big  body can score at times not afraid to drop gloves but  he does take dumb penalties and he makes bonehead moves...so the the trade off not worth it ..off ice issues and really it was good to move on..really like the young guns trying to be physical and showing team toughnesss...long season so you need to play smart hockey......the main thing you need to do is to play solid when you need to..

its been over 6 years since zack was traded from van  , he was always  a enticing player  size skill and toughness  'another bertuzzi type player ' the canucks did everything they could  with zack rehab stints counselling  training coach  it took zack 3 years after being traded to finally figure it out , the canucks were more than patient with zack

1 hour ago, hockeygod77 said:

ALEX NEWHOOK i would have taken...he wont be in the scene  for few years but remember that player ok...he will be a good mid size player....the kid has an edge will get stronger and not every player has his skill set....as for the BCHL I REALLY THINK YOU SHOULD DO YOUR HOMEWORK..THE BCHL IS A GREAT HOCKEY LEAGUE AND WE AS FANS AND PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN THIS PROVINCE SHOULD SUPPORT IT MORE..bchl has and will keep producing great hockey players for many pro leagues in the world..   ok canuckle heads go tot go now...shopping etc ..big game  tonite at 7 pm oilers again..

I agree with you 100%

Just from the last 8 years.

The Penticton Vees have produced

Troy Stecher, Dante Fabbro, Ryan Johansen, and Tyson Jost (off the top of my head)

The BCHL produces a lot of good talent and its a fun league to watch.

• Cheers 1

His career high in points was 29pts in 2013-14 with the Canucks. I feel like Zack being a good player now has a lot to do with more realistic expectations for him to be a middle six forward instead of becoming the next Bertuzzi, which is what all Canucks fans expected out of him while he was here.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Kassian is still an immature douche, but he has always had skill... just a matter of applying that skill.

He was never going anywhere with the Canucks... Vancouver's nightlife had him too wrapped up in party time.

Same with Montreal... Kassian couldn't get away from being a wahoo.

Took that accident, a trip to the AHL, and ending up in cold, wintry Edmonchuck for him to get focused back on the game.

He is a valuable player now...  still a nob who hasn't grown up, (as seen by that stupid hit on his buddy Tanev) but he makes up for that with his play with the puck.

19 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Kassian is still an immature douche, but he has always had skill... just a matter of applying that skill.

He was never going anywhere with the Canucks... Vancouver's nightlife had him too wrapped up in party time.

Same with Montreal... Kassian couldn't get away from being a wahoo.

Took that accident, a trip to the AHL, and ending up in cold, wintry Edmonchuck for him to get focused back on the game.

He is a valuable player now...  still a nob who hasn't grown up, (as seen by that stupid hit on his buddy Tanev) but he makes up for that with his play with the puck.

Butthurt and clueless 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

I'm really happy that big Zach is doing well in Edmonton. I don't think it was just a matter of patience, that car crash in Montreal and him subsequently being waived might have saved his life, and definitely saved his career.

The guy has substance abuse problems, and it took more than his counselling and treatment stint he had in Vancouver for him to get better. He needed to go to an inpatient rehab facility like he did after that car crash. By all accounts, he's been clean and sober for years and made himself a useful NHLer, I wish him nothing but the best in his career and health.

Just take it easy on Tanev, big guy ;)

Edited by MattJVD
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Unknown1995 said:

I'm still upset we traded Hodgson for this plug called Kassian. Hodgson was the most clutch Canuck in ages and had his best year with us. Gillis deserved to get fired for that trade alone.  Game winners, Game tying goals and shootout winners is the type of goals hodgson liked to score. 

:bigblush:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Man that Cody conned the crap out of Buffalo; basically paid for Providing no services

5 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Man that Cody conned the crap out of Buffalo; basically paid for Providing no services

They rushed his development by giving him first line minutes right when he got there. We were developing him well here as it was clear it would have been 1-2 years before he should have earned that, maybe even more. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Industrious1 said:

He looks not too bad, playing with McDavid and Draisatl.

Then again.....so would I.

He's there to make sure nobody tries any funny stuff with McDavid and/or Draisatl.

If he was riding shotgun on EPs line & Matheson pulled that cheap stunt on him; Kassian would make sure Matheson would be eating his dinners via a straw for the rest of the season.

It doesn't hurt though that Kassian can skate (and thus be of other use on that line besides his fists or 'loose screw').

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

Without what happened in Van and Montreal and hitting bottom, Kassian is out of the NHL.  At the time, there was no telling that it would happen.   

It's not like they didn't try, he had gone thru Stage 1 of the substance abuse program in Van and Stage 2 in Montreal which involves suspension.  He has bounced back and has a reasonable career.  Happy for Zack.  But I don't want him back.