The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 ROW wins in 28 games. Eek.

its a losers mentality to blame the refs.

Our team is still learning. You don’t think the refs have ever screwed the oilers? They’ve screwed every team it goes in cycles. Yet all I hear about is people complaining about them non stop.

we have a team that didn’t come out to play for half the third when down by one. Unacceptable

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

I see why the Soilers are first in the division,  to because of McDavid and Drai, because of the &^@#er nurse

They won’t be for long.

this is the NHL two plyers don’t make a teAm, this is why the oilers have sucked for so long they have to play 2/3rds of

the game without them on the ice! And nurse isn’t that amazing he’s good though.

And because the team expected to be good in this division like sharks flames knights all blew chunks in the first twenty games but now all

seem to be turning it around meaning we need to too.

weve been on a down slope ever since November started and now we stArt December off this way

3 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Hughes with team-high 24:24 TOI.

If only we had a few of these players.

is myers ever going to score or at least get a point? What has it been over 20 games at least since he’s got an assist! And he’s NOT a stay at home defensemen who uses his size. He makes the same as Eriksson yet everyone just bashed Eriksson non stop and says nothing about Myers 

• Wat 2

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Disallowed goal: I would have swore it was good.

First LE penalty: great acting job but nit something out of the normal as calls go.

Second LE penalty: sorry but he deserved it.

Summary: tough loss but I blame Green.

Do you know how many times a goal is allowed or disallowed there are fifty people on here saying the league got it wrong. When they have the cameras we don’t that show it completely.

i swear this everybody is out to get us excuse is really getting old

people can blame green all they want, our defense isn’t a playoff caliber defense

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

While I somewhat agree with your comments, There is still no reason to allow him to take up a spot on the team when they could allow one of many other deserving players take his place.  God know, NO ONE can do worse than him, let alone he is a CANCER and BAD EXAMPLE to the younger players showing them that mediocre, lazy uninterested playing gets rewarded.    That's NOT the way it works in my books!

Yeah we all know his contract sucks but setting a bad example to young players? the heck..

It is humiliating enough to be scratched after being in the league for all those years and yet he took things with utmost professionalism. 

He never complained and kept working his butt off. 

Opportunities came and he was put back in the lineup.

Noone knows how long it will last but it sickens me that someone like urself describe him as Cancer. 

There is a reason the whole team was jumping and screaming when LE scored that goal last night.

U have no idea..

Being lazy and uninterested? Not all 6m player plays like Mark Scheiffle. 

I don't see him being lazy and uninterested. I see a guy trying but his ceiling just isn't high anymore. 

Ease up on ur vocabulary. U can only influence this organization so much ONLINE. 

Another keyboard warrior/ "cancer" noted. sigh.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Eriksson cost the Canucks that game.

Bull$&!#. That second interference penalty was not a penalty. It’s so easy to blame the whipping boy when he’s in the box. The guy has actually played well the last few games. I’m guessing if it was anybody else in the box while this happens, u do not blame them. Try again. We went like twenty actual minutes played with four shots. That’s what lost us the game.

Edited by linden17
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Canucks were the better team by far.  The league wanted to commit to the scoring leaders. That’s it.  

The team with the lips ready to do the work, won tonight.  That’s Gary’s league. 

This is a sore losers attitude.

quit watching Gary’s league then. Sometimes teams that were better LOSE. It happens. It’s called puck luck. How long have you watched my god

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, nucksnavsfan said:

No love for Edler or Roussel 

Haha that’s an owner saving face and reminding fans we’re injured. Him Benning linden green they all do it.

hes acting like we’re the only team to be injured.

most teams are missing better players. Seriously I can’t stand this it’s either the refs fault for screwing us due to Bettman or it’s because we’re injured.

ive gotta stop with this crap.

man up learn from your mistakes and try harder the next day.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Wat 1

8 minutes ago, linden17 said:

Right......and I’m sure u would be all over any other Canuck if it happened. Piss off

Lol. Yes of course, especially if they cost us the game. He took two penalties at bad times and the Oilers scored on both. I believe one of them was deserved and Loui was being careless; the other one was BS and the ref should have called embellishment on Nurse. Edler takes bad penalties all the time and I rip into him as well. Myers takes bad penalties, Virtanen sometimes. Just because the refs had a factor in our loss, does not mean Loui is not responsible as well.  

Try not to make assumptions, it makes you look like an idiot

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Neal should of been given a penalty on that play on Tanev, Neals stick was between Tanevs legs, and Tanev tripped/fell awkwardly into the boards because of that, lucky Tanev didn't get hurt because he easily could have, but to not call a penalty there is bush league.

Exactly. Accident or not it was still Neal’s stick that caused what could of been a horrible incident. How there is no call there with both referees looking is beyond me!!!! Respect to Neil because he was legitimately concerned for Tanev after but that still needs to be called. I was at the game waiting for the whistle and me, the usher and another guy couldn’t believe the no call. I honestly thought for the slightest of a second that Tanev’s career may be over. Thank god

• Upvote 3

blah blah blah everytime we lose it's someone elses fault.. what about the fact that we don't score more than 2 freakin goals? how many losses so far this year coz we can't score more than 2 goals? hard to win if your goalie is expected to give up 1 goal or less a game. the penalties did not prevent the canucks from scoring more than 2 goals a game. i didn't watch the tonight but we need more contribution from our top line if we are going to have a chance to win.. more often than not we ain't going to see secondary scoring like the previous games from our other lines.

• Wat 1

Won't always get the calls you want, but going to also look at the handful of chances we had where we didn't bury it.

As much as i hate those calls the refs made tonight, we also have to bury our chances.  Team still lacks consistency in execution, and quite honestly part of that is also urgency. Seemed at times we sagged just a bit which allowed the Oilers right back in.  Gotta be consistent in being urgent with the puck, with our sticks, and where we skate/defend.

36 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

Lol. Yes of course, especially if they cost us the game. He took two penalties at bad times and the Oilers scored on both. I believe one of them was deserved and Loui was being careless; the other one was BS and the ref should have called embellishment on Nurse. Edler takes bad penalties all the time and I rip into him as well. Myers takes bad penalties, Virtanen sometimes. Just because the refs had a factor in our loss, does not mean Loui is not responsible as well.  

Try not to make assumptions, it makes you look like an idiot

Did u see the first penalty?  It was clearly unlucky stick work. Don’t make it seem like he went out and did on purpose. If you’re a fan that acknowledges the game that was played you would realize that that was not what cost us the game. We had four shots in like 18 minutes of game play. You can sugar coat it like you did saying “I get after edler, Myers blah blah” . But really what your saying is I look at the summary and go by that. Loui actually has played well the last two games. What lost is the game was four shots in 18 minutes. Give it up. Try again.

I haven't time to read all ten pages of comments, but I haven't seen anyone comment on this:  There are two payers in the league, that I have seen, who "set up an office" on the power play. Ovechkin sets his up on the left and Draisaitl on the right. They both let their team draw the defense on a power play over to the opposite side, and then they get an open pass and slap shot it home. My question is why do the Canucks not keep one player watching this move? Last game versus Washington, I saw Ovechkin open for a shot at least four times, and last night, that is how Draisaitl got his two goals. In basketball defense we would call it a box and one, here we should use a triangle and one, with one person watching for that pass. Petterson used to do that for the Canucks on the power play, but you can see that the defense is much closer to him now, and he isn't as open.

• Upvote 1

Just someone explain to me why....

we didn’t get the powerplay after the Boeser goal (double minor turned into a minor)

we didn’t get a powerplay after the goalie interference call.

oilers are trash and will always be, hiding behind McDavid’s and Nurse’s whining.

i wholeheartedly respect Draisatl and his excellent 2-way game. He’s top 5 without a doubt. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Just someone explain to me why....

we didn’t get the powerplay after the Boeser goal (double minor turned into a minor)

we didn’t get a powerplay after the goalie interference call.

oilers are trash and will always be, hiding behind McDavid’s and Nurse’s whining.

i wholeheartedly respect Draisatl and his excellent 2-way game. He’s top 5 without a doubt. 

It wasn't a high stick. Boeser was on high knees.

• Upvote 1