Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

...so....I guess you didn't see the EMMY Award winning "head throw back" by nurse resulting in a phantom call against Loui?

See yourself out boyo.....:picard:

Not defending Nurse yes he sold it like it hit him in the face which was sad, almost was like watching Kesler again in a way, but replay, it did look like Erikssons stick hit Nurses helmet on the top of his head when he went to switch sides with his stick, it was a weak call, but it still was technically a stick to the head unfortunately, but the acting job of Nurse to sell it after was very weak, he should of also got a penalty for that sell job.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

I saw him out there with Pettersson a couple times tonight, also on PP1. It was probably just a cross over between changes but still. 

My guess is they're trying to get him going on the slim chance someone might trade for him. Not a whole lot of choice. They're up against the wall on cap space and having to let Marky walk because they have to retain Erickson would cost Benning his job, you know it would.

While I somewhat agree with your comments, There is still no reason to allow him to take up a spot on the team when they could allow one of many other deserving players take his place.  God know, NO ONE can do worse than him, let alone he is a CANCER and BAD EXAMPLE to the younger players showing them that mediocre, lazy uninterested playing gets rewarded.    That's NOT the way it works in my books!

Just now, KeslerWho? said:

This 100%. Seems like after every loss we hear the same excuses

Tonight there is a legitimate gripe though... 

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

While I somewhat agree with your comments, There is still no reason to allow him to take up a spot on the team when they could allow one of many other deserving players take his place.  God know, NO ONE can do worse than him, let alone he is a CANCER and BAD EXAMPLE to the younger players showing them that mediocre, lazy uninterested playing gets rewarded.    That's NOT the way it works in my books!

He is not a cancer ffs that is so overused on here... 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

No legs dead tired in the third.

Need some down time at home in their own bed.

Let's move on....

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

2 bs calls on embellishment against and a non call on Tanev and Boeser will do that. Stop being deliberately obtuse...

Calls go both ways every game. Refs are only Human.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Not blaming the refs at all, it's Darnell Nurse's great theatrics that gave them the win.  Oh and also the fact that they have two of the best players in the NHL.  

If you paid close attention to the game, you wouldn't be blaming Louie as he was one of our best forwards.  Nurse was ready to go diving, it just happened to be Louie both times that took the fall. 

He stepped in front of the guy it’s interference you’d want that called if it was the other way, yup he dived yup the ref bought but don’t act like we haven’t benefited from calls very similar.

saying Louie Erickson was one of best players contradicts your previous statement that the team played great for two and half periods. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

One bad penalty, the first one is on Loui for having his stick their in the first place. Took the boys 12 minutes to wake up in the third, that's on them. They had more than enough time to tie it 

I thought the boys played well , but you could tell they were gassed in the third.  we got them last night  they got lucky tonight, onward to the next game, looking forward to it

• Hydration 3

8 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

They are not bad anymore 

Oh they’re horrible, they just have 2 great players who they are running into the ground

there’s no way they can keep up this pace for 50 more games. They will come down to reality soon enough

7 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Petty is struggling lately 

He'll be fine.

He hasn't gotten the points in the past 2 games but he's been flying out there and putting in the effort.

Petey is the least of our concerns

Both calls were embellished but the interference call at least was 100% a penalty. Both times the penalties were taken in the offensive zone against a team with the number one power play in the NHL. Undisciplined plays that cost us the game and in all fairness should result in LE sitting in the press box on Tuesday.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kurtis said:

Calls go both ways every game. Refs are only Human.

Tonight they were awful. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yeah....totally.

He is only tenth in the league in scoring (out of 700+ players).  Man he is struggling.

:picard:

Actually he is 12th out 771 players 

:bigblush:

still pretty good though. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don't normally join in on complaining against the refs, and it wasn't really their fault that a player sold fake penalties on them and they bit.  It's a fast game, but losing that way leaves a very bitter taste.  Oilers will get theirs for that garbage, in time.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Watch it again in slomo like I did. It DID NOT touch nurse's face. So no, it wasn't a penalty. Good god man....learn the rules of NHL hockey.

:picard:

Typical 'team tank' silly post. Do you post on hfcanuck too?

Even John and John agreed it should be a penalty because Loui shouldn't have his stick there. 

Lol, way to make a baseless assumption. What have I said that points to me being on team tank? I'm just giving Loui $&!#. In no way am I happy for the loss. Can't handle someone not agreeing with your opinion? 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

As long as the league hires the mental deficients that they do to manage the games, it is the punchline of professional sports. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2