The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Great post and YES, The "loui lovers" have trouble admitting he's been a bust since his very first game when he scored on his own team.  The writing was on the wall for this guy going way back when those of us paying attention realized his coming to the Canucks was an act of desperation by AQUA-Man when the team was at it's worst point with the Sedins needing someone, anyone as a decent line-mate.  Unfortunately they could only get Loui and he was and has been a bust ever since and now is just going thru the motions collecting his $6,000,000.00 Salary to score one goal per season.-yet some still support that BS.    It baffles the mind - absolutely amazing!

your views on loui are overly simplistic

the team has invested a significant chunk of salary cap space on him

the team still believes there is a possibility that they do not need to lock in that negative position (eat the cap)

your approach locks it in and saves the team only 1 million in cap space

if loui can be a bit more useful or productive he may have value

the other thing that will be happening next offseason

is that there will be teams that might have problems reaching the cap floor

ottawa is one such team

so loui may still have value if he can manage to stay in the nhl this season

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, billabong said:

Oh they’re horrible, they just have 2 great players who they are running into the ground

there’s no way they can keep up this pace for 50 more games. They will come down to reality soon enough

Maybe . We shall see.trust me , there is nobody that wants to see them fail more then me , but i fear they may actually be for real. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

NO, Loui will be gone next season.  Even if he somehow manages to squeeze back in the lineup for a game here or there - this season, he'l be bought out, retire or be traded with salary eaten next year.  IMO, this should have been done this season but the $ hit would have been too much this year - but next year everything changes.   

I hope you are right because as of right now Loui's abysmal contract is the only major blemish on JB's record and I'd hate to see talented guys walk for nothing in return simply because we have too much cap tied up in Loui.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Nice false narrative pal. Loui can't control fake penalty calls against him.

Nice try pal...:picard:

So then don't read the thread like the other poster already said.  :frantic:

PS: I am really looking forward to Loui getting waived at this point. Well beyond when it should have happened. ::D

Edited November 25 by Kanukfanatic

So which is it; DO you or don't you support your boy Erikson?

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Upvote 1

Thoughts of the game...………….

1. Back to back;a at the end of the road trip...….are tough

2. Yes, some missed call...….embellishment on the Eriksson penalty, High sticking on the Boeser goal, interference on the waved of goal

3. Eriksson played with some drive (actually playing better), but he deserved both penalties, just only one man advantage (see above)

4. You do not play your best player head to head with the best player in the world (at least not yet)

5. Quinn got another Even strength point

6. Marky played well

7. Did not notice Virtanen

8. No practice tomorrow, I would hope!

• Wat 1

4 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Thoughts of the game...………….

1. Back to back;a at the end of the road trip...….are tough

2. Yes, some missed call...….embellishment on the Eriksson penalty, High sticking on the Boeser goal, interference on the waved of goal

3. Eriksson played with some drive (actually playing better), but he deserved both penalties, just only one man advantage (see above)

4. You do not play your best player head to head with the best player in the world (at least not yet)

5. Quinn got another Even strength point

6. Marky played well

7. Did not notice Virtanen

8. No practice tomorrow, I would hope!

Give me a break. Loui DID NOT deserve the fake high sticking call penalty when his stick did not hit diver nurse. That was just a pathetic call and anyone can see that.

...well...apparently not anyone.  :picard:

• Haha 1