The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The rising NHL powerhouse that Jim Benning constructed

Rate this topic

aGENT

5 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

They took Pettersson because they wanted a number one centre. They took Boeser because they needed a scoring winger. They took Hughes because they needed an offensive defenceman to increase scoring from the back end. They took Jake because they wanted a power forward. The took Juolevi because they wanted  premier defenceman who could move the puck. When HAVEN'T they taken somebody based on positional need?

Pettersson - BPA

Boeser - BPA

Hughes - BPA

Virtanen - maybe your narrative holds water on that one

Juolevi - your narrative holds water here

So the first 3 above were all BPA. Just because you say they picked because of positional need doesn't make it true.  

• Cheers 1

While a bit overly optimistic the article rings true. I say it that way because until we have playoff success

Jim Benning hasn't really been tested yet by way of the team he has built. I know his vision is not yet 

complete, not until we see the likes of Tryamkin, OJ, Hoglander etc. come up and play some serious

NHL games for us. I dont see us making the playoffs this year so were talking about another 2-3 years

before were in a serious playoff hunt, but realistically 3-4 before we are contenders. 

So I love what GMJB has done so far but history will show if we do not win a cup JB will be remembered on

the same level as Mike Gillis no better than. I know people will hate on that but you need to remember we have 

already have been to game 7 for a GM to truly rise above we need the cup.

29 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Well that is how superstars affect their teams.

Edmonton with McDavid. Pitts with Crosby. Capitals with Ovechkin.

I have to laugh at the clowns who talk about how crappy our PP is if you just take away their 4 best games. Or how crappy our team is if you just take away Petey, Brock, Bo and Quinn.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yeah I thought it was pretty humorous how it was posted in the negative too :lol:

45 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Well Horvat isn’t exactly Malkin, Backstrom or Leon, though not much to disagree with here, minus the missing context of labelling the Canucks a dynasty despite such roster differences. 

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

They took Pettersson because they wanted a number one centre. They took Boeser because they needed a scoring winger. They took Hughes because they needed an offensive defenceman to increase scoring from the back end. They took Jake because they wanted a power forward. The took Juolevi because they wanted  premier defenceman who could move the puck. When HAVEN'T they taken somebody based on positional need?

That's rich.   Podz because they wanted a JT Miller clone.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Thanks....   i am here to serve my people.......      or at least until my wife tells me its my bedtime..

Just got word that a sister-in-law has rectal cancer. 

My Queen is not happy tonight. 

Fuk Cancer. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Cheers 4