The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows, Get this guy a Job in Our Organization ASAP.

Rate this topic

PuckYa

2 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Got my vote.  Bring in Burrows into our scouting department.  As an undrafted gem, maybe he could develop a knack for finding gems like himself.  

Also Kevin Bieska for team president.  He has the chops and is wicked smart.  In fact Bieska for President of the US.  Good knows Trump could use a superman punch or two.  

Not that I'd be against it, but I think I'd rather hear Bieksa s*** talk Friedman on air some more for the rest of my life.::D

Edited by Chickenspear
  • Cheers 1

I could see when Cull's days are over in Utica Burr gets an offer. It depends a lot on where is family is at I'm sure, they're pretty young and being close to grandparents and other extended family is probably a big thing for them at the moment. But down the road a bit, for sure I can see Burr back in the system. 

Burrows can be the locker room speech guy, especially when they are losing momentum, I would imaging a speech to start the third period going like this;

"Hey boys, gotta pick it up, gotta get going in da turd"

This is just his 2nd season as an AHL coach, so he will need some time to learn the trade.  Seeing as the Rockets are the Canadiens farm team, I would think Burr has his eyes set on moving up to that org.

By the time he comes to Vancouver, he will be a very experienced and smart coach.  That won't be for a few more years though.

We had such an amazing group of character in 2010-2011.  The team gelled so well back then and it was like watching a group of brothers battling through the wall for eachother.  I love our current team, but there was something so special about Burrows, Luongo, Bieksa, The Sedins, Edler, Kesler, Malhotra, Salo, Hamhuis and Hansen leading the charge everynight.  You just knew the team was going to win most nights.  This current team has to mature and gel together another at least another year or two to get anywhere close to what we have that year. 

I was going to post this in the other thread about polling if trading Burrows was the right move. Yes trading him was the right move at the time. Good for the team and for Alex. But...if we could have signed him to a one year deal, and have him retire here, he may have been more open to remaining with the Canuck organization,  sticking around in an assistant coach position. Or even scouting. Sending him away helped him to reconnect with family back east, land him a job in his home town, and I can see now that he may not want to come back for those reasons.

So that was the only issue I had with it. Dat's cold, I know.

Maybe Utica might be a destination though. Stays in the east. To wet his whistle as a head coach after his stint in Laval as assistant coach for the Canadiens.  I can imagine he'd be fantastic at developing prospects to have the right attitude it takes to make it.  I'm envious right now of that Burrows Bump that Canadien's up n comers will get over our own prospects.

23 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

The Energy this guy brings is unbelievable.

F.A.  Get this guy in our Organization ASAP...

It's bizarre to me why he isn't already, but after tonight it's clear as day to anyone...

Image result for burrows"

Image result for burrows                  image.jpeg.e4a0d286bd6fe3df2769e369d2d5e31f.jpeg

20191204_193223.jpg

Edited by cuporbust

Just like how linden worked out as Canucks president.

linden did get us Jimbo...tho

move forward not back.

on the plus side Burrows is always there for free options if asked. So why buy the cow when the milk is free unless it’s just to appease fans with bs titles.

we already have streamer Stan doing that job.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/3/2019 at 11:15 PM, King Heffy said:

Strong point.  The last thing anyone would want in this market is to be the guy who fired Alex Burrows.

That too. Linden coming in had years of business experience and time with the NHLPA to put on his resume (along with Captain Canuck and all that), and then his choice to move on, that was all in his control. We didn't throw him into the back office right away knowing he wouldn't have been the help the team needed at that point anyway. It's the same with the Sedins (although they likely want the family time and break from hockey to start) when they haven't offered them some ceremonial or PR position.