The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Smart money - leaving Alberta

kingofsurrey

8 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Here's a fun fact. Today alberta has the second biggest Wind farm in Canada.  The are also in process fo building a new wind farm that will take over as the countries biggest.

https://business.financialpost.com/commodities/energy/warren-buffetts-firm-is-building-an-alberta-wind-farm-that-can-power-almost-80000-homes

Alberta is also in the process of building canada's biggest solar farm just outside of Vulcan.

https://calgaryherald.com/business/local-business/canadas-largest-solar-farm-gets-approval-for-southern-alberta

Alberta is pushing, the problem is it gets lost in the noise of people just blindly bashing Alberta.....

If you want my opinion, Alberta needs to tap more into natural gas as a cheap energy source.  The world is looking for cheap clean energy.  I've actually been in the works helping a few buddies start up a company doing exactly this. Although we are mostly selling our cheap energy to crypto mining (in negotiations with cannabis to) it's really an area that hasn't been tapped into.  We're finishing up the last few days of raising fund and should be public on the venture before the year is out.

DM me more info.

i May have some folks to introduce you too. Perhaps a few thousand gas wells too, and a crypto farm powered by Nat gas. 

Back in the 1980's during the first oil boom in Alberta. Where did all that government revenue go? Why didn't they put it into diversification? 

History repeating.

If they were smart they'd not only build wind farms. But work on building solar panels, wind turbines. Maybe developing better electric motors. 

You know diversifying the economy so that you don't rely on one thing.

Something BC needs to really be doing. Stop relying on natural resources. And manage your renewable resources like fishing, and forestry a lot better. 

Maybe get into tidal power since the ocean is right next door? 

11 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Here's a fun fact. Today alberta has the second biggest Wind farm in Canada.  The are also in process fo building a new wind farm that will take over as the countries biggest.

https://business.financialpost.com/commodities/energy/warren-buffetts-firm-is-building-an-alberta-wind-farm-that-can-power-almost-80000-homes

Alberta is also in the process of building canada's biggest solar farm just outside of Vulcan.

https://calgaryherald.com/business/local-business/canadas-largest-solar-farm-gets-approval-for-southern-alberta

Alberta is pushing, the problem is it gets lost in the noise of people just blindly bashing Alberta.....

If you want my opinion, Alberta needs to tap more into natural gas as a chea penercrgy soue.  The world is looking for cheap clean energy.  I've actually been in the works helping a few buddies start up a company doing exactly this. Although we are mostly selling our cheap energy to crypto mining (in negotiations with cannabis to) it's really an area that hasn't been tapped into.  We're finishing up the last few days of raising fund and should be public on the venture before the year is out.

I took my wood stove out and replaced it with a natural gas stove. The carbon tax on my natural gas is as much as the gas cost itself. Go figure. Governments tell us that the carbon tax is revenue neutral to the homeowner. Anyone ever got a cheque? 

If you want my opinion, Alberta needs to tap more into natural gas as a cheap energy source.  The world is looking for cheap clean energy.  I've actually been in the works helping a few buddies start up a company doing exactly this. Although we are mostly selling our cheap energy to crypto mining (in negotiations with cannabis to) it's really an area that hasn't been tapped into.  We're finishing up the last few days of raising fund and should be public on the venture before the year is out.

Good luck you your venture!

But you're pro oil pipeline expansion? 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You admitted you voted liberal...the party who bought a pipeline to expand it and approved it twice. 

LIke most Canadians.... I / we plugged our nose and voted for the party that would be the least destructive to our country.

I am no fan of JT but the alternatives were certainly much worse. 

6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

LIke most Canadians.... I / we plugged our nose and voted for the party that would be the least destructive to our country.

I am no fan of JT but the alternatives were certainly much worse. 

The liberals did not receive the most votes so if you liberal supporters were plugging your noses and voted liberal how many actually true liberal supporters are even left? 

3 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Probably not. You probably have just as much fuel being consumed in smaller cities where it’s $200 to fill up each time. As opposed to the big cities and $20 fill ups in 10 smart cars...

Oh, ok. I don't know much about this stuff.

Did you mean all metro cities that consume gas? like in the world?

Edited by bishopshodan

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

The liberals did not receive the most votes so if you liberal supporters were plugging your noses and voted liberal how many actually true liberal supporters are even left? 

Many Canadians were clearly attracted to intolerant populist policy ( Conservative Party ).

Sad but true. 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Oh, ok. I don't know mush about this stuff.

Did you mean all metro cities that consume gas? like in the world?

Yes, I don’t think it should be available in big cities that oppose it so much. 

Especially when they have alternative transport options. 

1 minute ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Yes, I don’t think it should be available in big cities that oppose it so much. 

Especially when they have alternative transport options. 

Ok, gotcha.

Yeah, I might like to see that too I guess.

Can't help but think that would be unpractical and not in the best interest of those that make money of that industry. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ok, gotcha.

Yeah, I might like to see that too I guess.

Can't help but think that would be unpractical and not in the best interest of those that make money of that industry. 

Well the industry is shrinking. Thousands of jobs in the industry have left Canada to go to Texas, ever since Trudeau got re-elected.

• Haha 1

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Well the industry is shrinking. Thousands of jobs in the industry have left Canada to go to Texas, ever since Trudeau got re-elected.

Ok, so your idea is to reduce the amount of customers?

I think I am getting what you mean though, you want to punish the cities that oppose oil and gas, yet at the same time depend on the industry somewhat? 

• Cheers 1