The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

For Alt News/Views, Try "The Duran"

Nuxfanabroad

22 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah, his title as saying it's REAL news is misleading hence why I posted this information.

Well(just woke up here, Asia AM) to me their analysis is real.  I've found their discussions/angle/criticisms on matters like western media/Big Govt as pretty darn consistent with other's(that I respect) opinions on similar matters.

Did you dig up that info on the Duran from Wiki? Can THOSE opinions within that text be trusted? As stated, I've heard others online denounce Wikipedia(as well), as a place where info can be manipulated.

So again, I see it as an interesting news/analysis online(almost daily) show that I enjoy. I can only recommend something. Folks can categorize these things as they wish. To each, their own. Our time is precious, for each & every individual.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Well(just woke up here, Asia AM) to me their analysis is real.  I've found their discussions/angle/criticisms on matters like western media/Big Govt as pretty darn consistent with other's(that I respect) opinions on similar matters.

Did you dig up that info on the Duran from Wiki? Can THOSE opinions within that text be trusted? As stated, I've heard others online denounce Wikipedia(as well), as a place where info can be manipulated.

So again, I see it as an interesting news/analysis online(almost daily) show that I enjoy. I can only recommend something. Folks can categorize these things as they wish. To each, their own. Our time is precious, for each & every individual.

:lol: No none of the information came from Wiki

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Media Bias/Fact Check

It's interesting, eh? I reread your post(prev page), & their analysis of The Duran. They'll often bandy about terms like(right, left leaning; conservative, liberal, etc...) all these general categories, dumping sites/shows into various bins to match their desired definition. Who's pov do they serve? Almost every news segment(for yrs) from the west, I have spent time considering, I've found to be agenda-biased, absolute BS.

I respect you took the time to quote this source, & appreciate your effort. Trouble is, I hold almost zero trust/regard for almost all sources, western. Like Gerald Celente calls the NYT.."The Toilet Paper of Record!"(indeed, they're embarrassingly agenda-driven today. A once-great publication) I wonder what this "Media Bias/Fact Check source says about that spiraling entity.

& as others have mentioned(upstream this thread)..people will believe what they wanna'. I firmly believe in/advocate collecting info from a variety of sources, then deciding for oneself what one actually feels is accurate. Your experiences, instincts, upbringing, values & education should naturally play a role in shaping the information you discern to be important, and/or accurate. As per my own definition(stated herein), I'd regard that as sensible, natural, & worthwhile, lifestyle/experience, which ideally would be universally available. In reality, I'm sure the vast majority of us hoi polloi are influenced by 1,000 shades of propaganda, in various forms. & so it goes...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's interesting, eh? I reread your post(prev page), & their analysis of The Duran. They'll often bandy about terms like(right, left leaning; conservative, liberal, etc...) all these general categories, dumping sites/shows into various bins to match their desired definition. Who's pov do they serve? Almost every news segment(for yrs) from the west, I have spent time considering, I've found to be agenda-biased, absolute BS.

I respect you took the time to quote this source, & appreciate your effort. Trouble is, I hold almost zero trust/regard for almost all sources, western. Like Gerald Celente calls the NYT.."The Toilet Paper of Record!"(indeed, they're embarrassingly agenda-driven today. A once-great publication) I wonder what this "Media Bias/Fact Check source says about that spiraling entity.

& as others have mentioned(upstream this thread)..people will believe what they wanna'. I firmly believe in/advocate collecting info from a variety of sources, then deciding for oneself what one actually feels is accurate. Your experiences, instincts, upbringing, values & education should naturally play a role in shaping the information you discern to be important, and/or accurate. As per my own definition(stated herein), I'd regard that as sensible, natural, & worthwhile, lifestyle/experience, which ideally would be universally available. In reality, I'm sure the vast majority of us hoi polloi are influenced by 1,000 shades of propaganda, in various forms. & so it goes...

You have the right to choose what you want to watch, no one's telling you that you have to watch this or you have to watch that, that's still you're choice, but when you put a title like what you did saying real news and then you read something like how they're running stories from a conspiracy website and actually coping and pasting them, that's a little alarming and doesn't scream real, just saying. 

And don't get me wrong they obviously run real stories, but they run the stories with a bias right win point of view, so if you only watch this style of news you will always only see one side of the story, and that's how people can get manipulated by what they watch and take in. Personally I watch both sides, I don't just watch one type of news I get a variety of them to get the real story in the end, I believe this is the best way, but it also lets you see who you think is trying to trick viewers at times as well, and chances are you will strongly disagree with one of the two sides normally.

20 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

You have the right to choose what you want to watch, no one's telling you that you have to watch this or you have to watch that, that's still you're choice, but when you put a title like what you did saying real news and then you read something like how they're running stories from a conspiracy website and actually coping and pasting them, that's a little alarming and doesn't scream real, just saying. 

And don't get me wrong they obviously run real stories, but they run the stories with a bias right win point of view, so if you only watch this style of news you will always only see one side of the story, and that's how people can get manipulated by what they watch and take in. Personally I watch both sides, I don't just watch one type of news I get a variety of them to get the real story in the end, I believe this is the best way, but it also lets you see who you think is trying to trick viewers at times as well, and chances are you will strongly disagree with one of the two sides normally.

Appreciate your perspective, & you raise some valid points. This title thing may well be worth a tweak.

• Cheers 2

Today(& yesterday's) Duran programs(ep: 394 & 395) have been covering Cdn foreign policy, & quite interesting insights, for this here Cdn ex-pat.

On Trudeau removing Freeland(enter Champagne), a 21 min episode, I particularly enjoyed analysis(from 2 Alexes) from about the 10:00 ~ 15:00 mark. Great stuff.

Hope some CDC'ers give it a whirl.

10 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Today(& yesterday's) Duran programs(ep: 394 & 395) have been covering Cdn foreign policy, & quite interesting insights, for this here Cdn ex-pat.

On Trudeau removing Freeland(enter Champagne), a 21 min episode, I particularly enjoyed analysis(from 2 Alexes) from about the 10:00 ~ 15:00 mark. Great stuff.

Hope some CDC'ers give it a whirl.

Didn't get all the way through ep 395.

I still like Freeland, for some of the reasons that they were dissing her. 

He brought up the Ukrainian heritage thing at the beginning a couple times, is there anything to that? or is it just to skew opinion? 

Was not a promotion for her, she was sacked?  

I think she may be the next PM. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

For a good time... ::D

Like what you’ve done with the title, as if that was all there was to discuss. 

Amirite 

See much meat in here yet or is it mostly potatoes, like my old thread was? 

Predictably, there wasn't much interest in discussion about sharing alternate information and media sources back then either. 

• Cheers 1

On 12/9/2019 at 4:44 AM, 189lb enforcers? said:

For a good time... ::D

Like what you’ve done with the title, as if that was all there was to discuss. 

Amirite 

See much meat in here yet or is it mostly potatoes, like my old thread was? 

Predictably, there wasn't much interest in discussion about sharing alternate information and media sources back then either. 

I just have NO time for the mainstream, 189. But I accept whatever I find enlightening &/or interesting, might put me in a minority. Sometimes the rarity in something, is a large portion of it's overall value. Won't speak for younger people, but suspect many of them are busy doing things they see that others might find worthy. In a mass-com world, perhaps people are more easily swayed from their preferences, interests & opinions(?).

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Episode 591 on the Roger Stone malarkey, & nonsense tweets from Pelosi

The MSM don't care who they take down..only out to distract & dis-inform. Meanwhile a person like Assange is parked in prison.

The Duran's 2 Alexes & 98-99% of their commenters are a 100% better source of honest insight.

Roger stone is one of those old guys that would just get wrecked on the yard. Plain and simple he’s a criminal that would not have been able to serve his time so trump stepped in. Real mfs will do their bit and go right back to the grind but there always pu$$irs posing.

Edited by Ronaldoescobar