Roussel Gaudette Leivo

Ferland Beagle Virtanen 

Schaller Sutter Motte 

Edler Myers 

Hughes Tanev 

Benn Stetcher 

Markstrom

Backup  

LA is at the begging of their rebuild. They will be looking for picks and young skilled players that can be a part of their future core. 

With the Seattle draft coming up we could loose a goalie and Canucks have made it clear that Markstrom is our guy. Bo needs a winger if we are going to have a chance in the playoffs. Unite Toffoli and Pearson. Toffoli is a playoff performer a skilled playmaker and goal scorer. Can slot in the top 6 right away similar to Miller. Demko is arguably worth more than Toffoli so moving Eriksson is part of the package so we have more money to sign Markstrom and our upcoming youth. 

To LA 

Demko 

Eriksson 

To Vancouver 

Toffoli 

Backup Goalie 

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 4

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Would come down to Toffoli for Demko, and that is a no. Especially within the division.

Losing Eriksson's cap hit is more valuable than Toffoli who is a rental. It would still be incredibly risky to trade Demko. 

to NJ: Demko, Madden, and Goldobin (they wouldn't take on much salary)

to VAN: Blackwood and Hischier

Hischier hasn't really panned out in NJ as hoped it seems, although, he's doing well enough. I'm assuming Jack Hughes will be the #1C. Good, young goalies are really hard to come by, Demko would give them a chance at playoffs for many years, which they will want to do with Jack Hughes as soon as possible. 

Probably a silly trade suggestion, but there's too many days between Canucks games lol

EDIT - I should also add, they might really like the idea of having (former Devil) John Madden's son join the team.

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Upvote 1

No trade with LA and we don't want to trade either Markstrom or Demko at this time...

I say we sigh Markstrom before June to a fair deal with no clause to allow us to trade hime before expansion in 2021..

Sign Markstrom for 5  year - 5.0 -- 5.5 Million range and trade Markstrom next season before January at this point Demko will be ready to take the #1 position and future is bright he will only be 25 years old..

We should get decent  # 3 D man and 2nd rounder..

Edited by wildcam
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Tyler Toffoli - 27 RW 4.6m 1 year remaining 

Can score and make plays

Miller Petterson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Toffoli 

Roussel Gaudette Leivo

Ferland Beagle Virtanen 

Schaller Sutter Motte 

Edler Myers 

Hughes Tanev 

Benn Stetcher 

Markstrom

Backup  

LA is at the begging of their rebuild. They will be looking for picks and young skilled players that can be a part of their future core. 

With the Seattle draft coming up we could loose a goalie and Canucks have made it clear that Markstrom is our guy. Bo needs a winger if we are going to have a chance in the playoffs. Unite Toffoli and Pearson. Toffoli is a playoff performer a skilled playmaker and goal scorer. Can slot in the top 6 right away similar to Miller. Demko is arguably worth more than Toffoli so moving Eriksson is part of the package so we have more money to sign Markstrom and our upcoming youth. 

To LA 

Demko 

Eriksson 

To Vancouver 

Toffoli 

Backup Goalie 

There is an article on acquiring Toffoli on Hockey Writers, they are suggesting paying less than this ..in the form of possible Baer and Goldy..I guess he has been a recent scratch ...but he did have chemistry with Pearson.

All of these Markstrom/Demko trade proposals are giving me a migraine

The premise in all of these proposals is that we are likely to lose one of these two in the expansion draft and therefore we should trade one of them as opposed to losing them for nothing. So, assuming we are going to protect 7 forwards and 3 d-men let's look at the true impact of trading a Markstrom or Demko. Right now I think the 7 protected forwards would include the following: (based on today's roster)

1. Pettersson

2. Boeser

3. Horvat

4. Miller

5. Virtanen

6. Gaudette

7. One of whoever we get back in the trade (Toffoli?), Roussell, Lind, Pearson, Gadjovich, Jasek or MacEwen.

We would have to protect 3 d-men out of this list.

1. Juolevi

2. Rafferty

3. Brisebois

4. Teves

5. Stetcher

6. Myers

We need to bear in mind that we are still going to lose someone for nothing in the expansion draft. In this particular proposal we would obtain Toffoli but do we really know at this point that we would want to protect him over a Lind for example? If we chose to protect Lind then we could lose Toffoli for nothing and that nets out to us still losing Markstrom for nothing. Management would need to assess which of Markstrom and Toffoli would be of more value to the Canucks between now and the expansion draft in that case. 

The point is that we cannot trade a Demko/Markstrom to avoid losing an asset for nothing without factoring in the total downstream impact on the expansion draft. I am sure GMJB and his team are well aware of this and are making their plans accordingly.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

to NJ: Demko, Madden, and Goldobin (they wouldn't take on much salary)

to VAN: Blackwood and Hischier

Hischier hasn't really panned out in NJ as hoped it seems, although, he's doing well enough. I'm assuming Jack Hughes will be the #1C. Good, young goalies are really hard to come by, Demko would give them a chance at playoffs for many years, which they will want to do with Jack Hughes as soon as possible. 

Probably a silly trade suggestion, but there's too many days between Canucks games lol

EDIT - I should also add, they might really like the idea of having (former Devil) John Madden's son join the team.

NJD just signed Hischier long term.  His new contract hasn't even started.  Cannot imagine Shero having the slightest interest in that trade - not with how he talks of Hischier.

He plays in every situation for them and is absolutely not sheltered.  The whole team is not doing well.  There's no reason to trade him when he fits their age group and their culture.  Shero always talks of the importance of having 2 Cs à la Crosby/Malkin.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Throckmorton said:

There is an article on acquiring Toffoli on Hockey Writers, they are suggesting paying less than this ..in the form of possible Baer and Goldy..I guess he has been a recent scratch ...but he did have chemistry with Pearson.

Canucks can't fit him under their cap.