The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal Van - Kings

25 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Thats why eriksson would be a key piece going back

Why would LA want Eriksson?  They already have far too many veterans who should no longer be playing in this league - see McLellan quotes.  They are more likely to trade Toffoli for draft picks than to take on a cap dump.

14 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Tyler Toffoli - 27 RW 4.6m 1 year remaining 

Can score and make plays

Miller Petterson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Toffoli 

Roussel Gaudette Leivo

Ferland Beagle Virtanen 

Schaller Sutter Motte 

Edler Myers 

Hughes Tanev 

Benn Stetcher 

Markstrom

Backup  

LA is at the begging of their rebuild. They will be looking for picks and young skilled players that can be a part of their future core. 

With the Seattle draft coming up we could loose a goalie and Canucks have made it clear that Markstrom is our guy. Bo needs a winger if we are going to have a chance in the playoffs. Unite Toffoli and Pearson. Toffoli is a playoff performer a skilled playmaker and goal scorer. Can slot in the top 6 right away similar to Miller. Demko is arguably worth more than Toffoli so moving Eriksson is part of the package so we have more money to sign Markstrom and our upcoming youth. 

To LA 

Demko 

Eriksson 

To Vancouver 

Toffoli 

Backup Goalie 

Kings have 3 1/2 seasons of Quick and 2 1/2 seasons of Campbell, with the expansion draft coming up it doesn’t really seem like a team that needs to take on an albatross contract like Ericksson to bring in another goalie.  It doesn’t fill a hole in their  lineup and creates a potential issue for the expansion draft.  I can’t see L.A. having any interest at all 

14 hours ago, wildcam said:

No trade with LA and we don't want to trade either Markstrom or Demko at this time...

I say we sigh Markstrom before June to a fair deal with no clause to allow us to trade hime before expansion in 2021..

Sign Markstrom for 5  year - 5.0 -- 5.5 Million range and trade Markstrom next season before January at this point Demko will be ready to take the #1 position and future is bright he will only be 25 years old..

We should get decent  # 3 D man and 2nd rounder..

Nobody wanted MAF the year of expansion - teams were busy with their own ED.  If we have any chance of that the timing is before the TDL.   It's a point I've tried to make a half dozen times on this site.  PIT actually had to add to make sure Vegas took him (2nd).   We sign Markstrom we are probably stuck with him.  Seattle wont likely take him.  Probably take Holtby or someone else to be their number one.  

Toffoli shouldn't cost a ton, 2 straight years with disappointing #s. A playoff team would likely offer up a 2nd round pick for him tho at the deadline.

Regardless of how the next couple months go I firmly believe the Canucks should absolutely NOT be a Buyer at this TDL. We already have committed trading a 1st. I would wait this year out personally, hope we can add a pick or 2 not subtract from our pick/prospect area. Canucks don't have enough assets to be buyers in my opinion, at least 1 or 2 years away from us being more of a threat anyway