The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

25 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Something like that, yes. Beating 63-point teams is akin to tripping a toddler. 

Clearly you have never tripped a toddler...the little arms trying to stop the fall and the look they give you, Why???  LEG-EN-DARY!!!

Also if you set the bar low enough it’s way easier to get over it. 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What they will wear during warm-up:

ELNHa1kU4AAT2bS?format=jpg&name=large

ELNHa1jU8AA3E98?format=jpg&name=large

I'm on a plane flying out of YVR in '82. The pilot comes on and says Smyl (I think) scores against Chicago! The plane goes wild. Vancouver was crazy for the Canucks. It was quite a run. Syml cemented his rafter spot right there. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

I'm on a plane flying out of YVR in '82. The pilot comes on and says Smyl (I think) scores against Chicago! The plane goes wild. Vancouver was crazy for the Canucks. It was quite a run. Syml cemented his rafter spot right there. 

Smyl, cemented his rafter spot, when he nailed Snepts in his first training camp. Jim Robson used to do a training camp report for the Canucks. I vividly remember him announcing an all rookie line of Smyl, Gradin and Fraser. They played as a line from the get go! I went to the PC, and bought season tickets when that group came on board.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

45 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

don't get me wrong, I like Sutter and what he brings to our team, but is this another holiday for him.   didn't he come on the last road trip  to practise with the team? maybe I am wrong. I thought he would be back much sooner

9 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Smyl, cemented his rafter spot, when he nailed Snepts in his first training camp. Jim Robson used to do a training camp report for the Canucks. I vividly remember him announcing an all rookie line of Smyl, Gradin and Fraser. They played as a line from the get go! I went to the PC, and bought season tickets when that group came on board.

Yeah, the year those 3 came in, they had an exhibition game in Nanaimo against LA

Smyl goes into the corner with Arnie Brown (LA Dman) and gives him a thunderous hit. Brown was a veteran and Pssed off, threw his gloves off to fight Smyl

That is when we learned about Smyl……….Smack! Smack! and Brown was down and out...….

I looked at my Dad and "OH!" He became a fan favorite of mine about 1 second after that second punch......

Note.....it only usually took 1 punch for Fraser to do the same thing...……….Gradin was very safe :bigblush:

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Yeah, the year those 3 can in, they had an exhibition game in Nanaimo against LA

Smyl goes into the corner with Arnie Brown (LA Dman) and gives him a thunderous hit. Brown was a veteran and Pssed off, threw his gloves off to fight Smyl

That is when we learned about Smyl……….Smack! Smack! and Brown was down and out...….

I looked at my Dad and "OH!" He became a fan favorite of mine about 1 second after that second punch......

He made that impact on his team mates, and opponents. Curt Fraser did as well with his toughness, Gradin, with his finesse. On top of all that, they put up the points too.

• Cheers 1