The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

26 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

What is the situation with the Canucks and their relationship with Fraser? Rota came in a trade with the Hawks, well into the unveiling of these jerseys. It's like he's never been a part of the team since they messed up with his diabetes issues. Anyone?

Although they got a great goal-scorer in return, trading Fraser was hard to take. The guy was a good, tough, solid player. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I have type II diabetes. And high blood pressure. It took a stroke for me to figure that out. 

I now have lost weight, do my best to control my sugar intake. I'm a lot healthier. I don't go to the gym as much as I should, but I walk a lot. 

My doctor says I'm so borderline he can take me off the prescriptions. But the health benefits make him want to keep me on for a little while longer. 

My wife does as well, well under control, good for you. I saw something a while back about how there were very, very few cases of type 2 diabetes, back in the early 80's, so maybe it was something that wasn't on the radar. I doubt Curt had type 1, that usually begins from birth, if I'm not mistaken.

37 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I also remember hearing something about them being introduced and the players thinking they were a joke for Hallowe'en?  (Or maybe that was the skate?)

Anyhow, here's some history on it:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4568470/canucks-flying-v-jerseys-still-mocked/

If I remember correctly, they were designed by a psychologist from San Francisco.

That pretty much says it all. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

My wife does as well, well under control, good for you. I saw something a while back about how there were very, very few cases of type 2 diabetes, back in the early 80's, so maybe it was something that wasn't on the radar. I doubt Curt had type 1, that usually begins from birth, if I'm not mistaken.

It's not when you start looking at packaging on food and drinks you find out how much damn sugar is in everything. Add being tied to a desk 8 hours a day. Now I walk on my breaks and lunch. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Yes it was.

From a jd burke style stat watcher maybe not, but from a fan who cheered them on it was.

Vancouver only had 77 points, so they weren't obvious favorites to go to the Cup. After the first round the teams they beat were good enough to advance, so they weren't as bad as you make them out to be. There were no loser points back then and the refs didn't game manage to create the illusion of parity.

What really made it epic though was the atmosphere that was created. It was electric and the fans who were cheering back then remember it well.

JD annoys me sometimes. There’s so much more to the game than stats. That 82 team proved it. You speak volumes saying there were no loser points and game management back then. Back when we had an honest sport.  Enter Bettman. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

What's everyone drinkn eatn?

Spiced hashbrowns, eggs over easy, avacado & tomato, smoked gorgonzola , pulled pork, a little HP sauce.

.....I start work at 1 so no beers til later.  Persephone Pale Ale.  Maybe I'll shotgun one (c'mon Virt) at closing time.

This year's schedule is kinda wack.  I've only had the chance to watch a few games at home due to work, but I stream and keep my phone in a discrete place so I can keep tabs once in a while.

12 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Although they got a great goal-scorer in return, trading Fraser was hard to take. The guy was a good, tough, solid player. 

I only saw one scrap Curt might have lost. Chris Nilan of the Habs, was one tough sob. They continued their scrap under the seats at the old PC, epic.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FilthyRich said:

Spiced hashbrowns, eggs over easy, avacado & tomato, smoked gorgonzola , pulled pork, a little HP sauce.

.....I start work at 1 so no beers til later.  Persephone Pale Ale.  Maybe I'll shotgun one (c'mon Virt) at closing time.

This year's schedule is kinda wack.  I've only had the chance to watch a few games at home due to work, but I stream and keep my phone in a discrete place so I can keep tabs once in a while.

Omg. Are you a chef?  That sounds delicious 

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's not when you start looking at packaging on food and drinks you find out how much damn sugar is in everything. Add being tied to a desk 8 hours a day. Now I walk on my breaks and lunch. 

For sure, and the amount of people that eat processed food and soda is off the charts. Putting soft drink machines in the high schools? What could go wrong with that?

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I only saw one scrap Curt might have lost. Chris Nilan of the Habs, was one tough sob. They continued their scrap under the seats at the old PC, epic.

Legend has it that the walkingways to the dressing rooms saw a lot of continued fights. Now that's hockey!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, johngould21 said:

For sure, and the amount of people that eat processed food and soda is off the charts. Putting soft drink machines in the high schools? What could go wrong with that?

Well to be fair, when I was a teen. I rode my bicycle everywhere. I must have done 40 minutes every day including weekends. Rain, sun, sleet, snow. 

So that burns off a lot of sugar.