The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

21 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

My wife does as well, well under control, good for you. I saw something a while back about how there were very, very few cases of type 2 diabetes, back in the early 80's, so maybe it was something that wasn't on the radar. I doubt Curt had type 1, that usually begins from birth, if I'm not mistaken.

Type 1 diabetes onset usually before 40 but can be even later.  Mean age is 14 I think. 

Should be another "mail it in"

Very well rested, players returning and at home, another very easy part of the schedule, it will come back to haunt them the second half of the season, Feb and March are tough, so they have to build up some points to maintain the hope level. 4 points separate 14th from 27th

Disadvantages

Afternoon game

Markstrom may be lagged yet.

Nucks should be very motivated to stay in the hunt for the second wild card spot, big day after they play.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If Eriksson does get put on waivers. Do the Canucks eventually have to send someone like Leivo or Schaller on waivers as well? 

Looks like it (I am not suggesting those would be the actual lines - just seeing how many bodies they have):

Miller Petey Boeser

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Roussel Gaudette Sutter

Motte Beagle Ferland

Leivo

Schaller

waived: Loui

Looks like they would need to make a trade or waive one player.  But will we ever be totally healthy?  Possibly...close right now.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:
31 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Yes it was.

From a jd burke style stat watcher maybe not, but from a fan who cheered them on it was.

Vancouver only had 77 points, so they weren't obvious favorites to go to the Cup. After the first round the teams they beat were good enough to advance, so they weren't as bad as you make them out to be. There were no loser points back then and the refs didn't game manage to create the illusion of parity.

What really made it epic though was the atmosphere that was created. It was electric and the fans who were cheering back then remember it well.

JD annoys me sometimes. There’s so much more to the game than stats. That 82 team proved it. You speak volumes saying there were no loser points and game management back then. Back when we had an honest sport.  Enter Bettman

We beat every team we were ahead of in the standings.