The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

Ref bull$&!# aside, giving up three in the second isn't good enough. Demko needs to be better if we're gonna win this one. It ain't all on him, but we're gonna need some more of those big saves we know he's capable of making.

Buffalo's got some talent, if we don't take em seriously and play better in the third we'll lose. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Game management only proves corruption at league level 

Super frustrating for our players when the bar (infraction-threshold) keeps waffling about. Sure seems as if a supervisor or someone from the league, called in. 

Are any of these refs the usual suspects? (Greater bias than most) 

• Cheers 1

Just now, luckylager said:

Boeser was never slated to be a game breaking, elite talent so stop expecting that out of him.

He's one hell of a pick at #20. A legit top 6 winger is like the best outcome for his draft position.

Yeah expectations are definitely a bit too high for Boeser. He's a good scoring winger. But to expect him to be a driving force is a bit much. Besides, his production is far from problematic. Lol. 26 points in 29 games coming into today, you'd think the guy had 4 goals and 8 assists or something with the way some speak of him. He also has 45% ozone starts. So his deployment is a bit more even compared to the 60+% he had last season. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I watch every game. A number of them I watch twice.

People that say Boeser sucks are idiots.

I wish he were a better defender, but that could be said of half the league.  You have to admit, his playmaking keeps improving and his ability to score is top-30 in the league. 

Just now, viking mama said:

Super frustrating for our players when the bar (infraction-threshold) keeps waffling about. Sure seems as if a supervisor or someone from the league, called in. 

At the very least it definitely makes the eyebrows raise at times. Seems very curious more than often. 

Boeser doesn't suck, he's done much much better then anyone ever expected and will be a mainstay on the Canucks for years to come.  

Having said that, he's a 5 mil/season player, not 7 or 8 like some fans were suggesting.  

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I really think that the league needs to start embarassing players that go down too easy through fines and even suspensions.  

I've watched soccer go from a regular skill game to a game of diving. 

There was nothing agregious in today's game from either side but I'm still annoyed by those two dives by Darnell Nurse the other day.  We're on a slippery slope right now in the NHL.  

The owner and the PA would have to agree and sign off with suspension.  They already have rule in place with fines for diving for first offense and announce the second offense publicly.

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

It's the slashing stuff that is tricky.  You still have players getting broken fingers and wrists on slashes, and yet they seem to be penalizing one-handed waves at the puck.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

Thanks for your strawman argument. There's nothing to be said here. Please point out where I said "I expect the Canucks to dominate for 60 minutes."

JFC it's NOT difficult. The team consistently gets dominated after they get leads. It's not momentum. It's not me having some radical, unrealistic expectation. It's the team for some mix of factors playing like garbage NEARLY EVERY TIME they get a lead. They stop skating. They give up non stop chances. The forecheck becomes invisible. I want the team to not &^@#ing disappear after a lead. It's simple.

It's easier from the couch.

• Cheers 2