Sign in to follow this  
xereau

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Gaudette is not good enough in the circle to stay in the lineup over Sutter.

Is it talent or mostly just practice that makes one good in the face offs ?  Green must know that there is a team need to have dependable players in the face off circles, so why not train more players to cover for injuries - realize it is more than likely easier said than done.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Burr 1

Need some winning streaks. We are in danger of losing this season. The other teams are passing us by. 

was gunna sleep in, but might wake up early and make eggs benny and get prepared for the game, aint got no vodka for caesers or clamato, so i guess whisky and coke for the game too start.

• Hydration 2

17 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Need some winning streaks. We are in danger of losing this season. The other teams are passing us by. 

This month will really help having 10 games on home ice

3 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

First line Leivo and press box Jake. 

Even with a full healthy lineup Jake is not sitting out

People jumping on Green over a lineup that doesn't even suggest Virtanen is being healthy scratched. I remember a time when people wanted Jake gone and trashed Benning for drafting him and were calling him a bust. Funny how these things go.

Have a little more faith in Green and the team making the right decisions in the overall grand scheme of things. They seem to continue to be heading in the right direction.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Listen to the people and bring back the skate jersey, I want to see the team rock the white ones too.  If you disagree you're undeniably wrong and if you agree I like to welcome you to the upper echelon of common sense and good taste.  6-2 Nucks.

I'd be so down to see the white skate. Don't think we should bring them back full time though, needs to remain a novelty. Being a novelty is part of the appeal IMO. If it was an everyday thing I think it would wear off. 

Should have a white skate game against Toronto. That would be epic. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Hydration 1

7 hours ago, KeslerWho? said:

Loving the depth of our team, but there's too many bodies. We need to do something with Loui and potentially Schaller (he's playing well, but odd man out). MacKewan will most likely need to be sent down as well unfortunately. We should keep Leivo 

It's Macewen

7 hours ago, KeslerWho? said:

Loving the depth of our team, but there's too many bodies. We need to do something with Loui and potentially Schaller (he's playing well, but odd man out). MacKewan will most likely need to be sent down as well unfortunately. We should keep Leivo 

At least get Macewen's name right.. doubtful Schaller gets sent down, he's become a big part of the penalty kill.. it's possible though..

5 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Sit Schaller or Leivo before sitting Gaudette or Virtanen imo. 

Exactly. Both Schaller and Lievo were brought here to play the role of 4th line plug. As much as Green seems to have a man crush on Lievo, he's a $1.5m twenty-six year old with around 160 games of experience in the league. I think he has reached his ceiling. Sky is the limit with Jake and Gaud. They could be the next Bertuzzi/B-Mo combination for us in a few years.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Just looking at the Canucks stats and shocked myself when I read that Eriksson's played 17 games. I honestly thought he'd played like half that xD

3 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

He was probably part of the coaching staff or maybe he was just benched..

If you look at his ice times you'll see he's been getting around 8 minutes per game. Under 3 minutes per period. So although he may have dressed for 17 games he's actually played very very little. 

I say the odds are 50/50 which are probably better then they have been over the last 50 years for either team.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Gaudette is not good enough in the circle to stay in the lineup over Sutter.

Well he's not going to clear waivers if we try to send him down, so he's sticking around 

• Upvote 1
  • Burr 1

3 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Is it talent or mostly just practice that makes one good in the face offs ?  Green must know that there is a team need to have dependable players in the face off circles, so why not train more players to cover for injuries - realize it is more than likely easier said than done.

Like most things, it's both talent and practice. Some players are naturally better at faceoffs than others, but almost everyone can improve in their early years. Manny works with all of our centres at improving faceoffs. Gaudetter will get better with time,  but I think it's unlikely he'll ever be as good as Horvat or Beagle. 

Guadette will stay in the line up when Sutter is back, but he'll probably have to shift to the wing (and centre pp2) imo.