The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

10 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

Thanks for your strawman argument. There's nothing to be said here. Please point out where I said "I expect the Canucks to dominate for 60 minutes."

JFC it's NOT difficult. The team consistently gets dominated after they get leads. It's not momentum. It's not me having some radical, unrealistic expectation. It's the team for some mix of factors playing like garbage NEARLY EVERY TIME they get a lead. They stop skating. They give up non stop chances. The forecheck becomes invisible. I want the team to not &^@#ing disappear after a lead. It's simple.

After we get a lead you expect the Canucks to keep playing the same way that got them the lead.  You're totally taking the other team out of this equation and pretending that Canucks are just playing a single player game like Mario World and should just keep crushing the same level.  

When most teams get scored on, they get pissed and step up their game.  If we are able to play up to your expectations, we'd be top of the league right now.  I hope we get there but you're looking at another 3-4 years minimum.  We are where Colorado was, two years ago, and they're not dominating teams and are prone to give up a lead (look at their game against us, it looked like they stopped skating at the end of the game). 

14 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

Thanks for your strawman argument. There's nothing to be said here. Please point out where I said "I expect the Canucks to dominate for 60 minutes."

It's implied based on your comments which are 99% negative.  So it's a perfectly reasonable point to make and hence not a strawman. Stop being so delusional.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1