The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

7 hours ago, stawns said:

Gaudette is not good enough in the circle to stay in the lineup over Sutter.

He has 13 points in 19 games and is instrumental to the second unit powerplay. He's staying in the lineup. And he's not going to get any better at faceoffs if he isn't allowed to take any. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, stawns said:

Gaudette is not good enough in the circle to stay in the lineup over Sutter.

So on Petterson's line they have a winger that can help out and take faceoffs.

If only we had someone coming back that plays centre but is more effective on right wing and takes a lot of the tough faceoffs.  

I guess we will never solve this insurmountable problem.

39 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

He has 13 points in 19 games and is instrumental to the second unit powerplay. He's staying in the lineup. And he's not going to get any better at faceoffs if he isn't allowed to take any. 

He may not get taken out of the lineup, but he's not taking Sutter's spot, imo.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

He may not get taken out of the lineup, but he's not taking Sutter's spot, imo.  

I could see them rotating, depending who we're up against. Wouldn't be against seeing Gaudette moved into the top 6 either, but I think he'd be somewhat wasted playing on the 4th line. 

• Cheers 1

A brief story about the Skate Jersey.

I was at the Deadmonton game and decided to buy a Canucks jersey. So, I sent a picture of me wearing the black skate jersey and the stick in the rink jersey to my wife and asked which one she liked better,

She wrote back that the black skate looked great but the stick jersey looked purple and I looked like Barney wearing it.... LOL (lighting must have been bad)

Anyways,

GCG

1 hour ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Go Canucks go 

Any concern with too many players being inserted back into the lineup ALL at once? 

Yes.   It still won't be enough to push LE down to Utica for a "conditioning stint"....one more and we got him.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I could see them rotating, depending who we're up against. Wouldn't be against seeing Gaudette moved into the top 6 either, but I think he'd be somewhat wasted playing on the 4th line. 

No chance, imo.  They are desperate to lighten Bo's defensive responsibility.  He might get a shot on Bo's wing, maybe.

1 hour ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Go Canucks go 

Any concern with too many players being inserted back into the lineup ALL at once? 

yes, if it benefits one of the guys to wait a game, that would considered a good call.

We need to win this first and foremost, and having to many players shaking off rust could cause some problems

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

No chance, imo.  They are desperate to lighten Bo's defensive responsibility.  He might get a shot on Bo's wing, maybe.

They'll still have Beagle, who should also be returning or at least close to returning, but I don't see an issue with having three scoring lines, with our checking line taking the bulk of the defensive responsibility. 

58 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I just got a call from someone to help with something.  I may not be done in time to be on CDC during today's game. 

First Sabres vs. Canucks game I won't be here for in years if I don't finish up in time. :(

Say you have Ebola and can’t make it 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

There’s still no reason why LE can’t pass through waivers and stay in Vancouver just to free up a roster spot. I don’t know what Edlers time frame for coming back but if it’s soon , someone has to go, if it’s going to be awhile we should have a reserve defenceman practicing with the team.