The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

I just got a call from someone to help with something.  I may not be done in time to be on CDC during today's game. 

First Sabres vs. Canucks game I won't be here for in years if I don't finish up in time. :(

Quit yapping and get working .... jj :lol:

:towel:

:canucks:

GCG

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

There’s still no reason why LE can’t pass through waivers and stay in Vancouver just to free up a roster spot. I don’t know what Edlers time frame for coming back but if it’s soon , someone has to go, if it’s going to be awhile we should have a reserve defenceman practicing with the team.

Isn't the idea of waivers in order to clear space he has to be assigned a team in the AHL, or in Europe? 

17 minutes ago, billabong said:

Miller-petey-boeser 

pearson-horvat-leivo

roussel-sutter-virtanen 

ferland-beagle-gaudette

schaller/eriksson/macewan

this is as good as it gets for the Canucks. Might be the only time we see it! :P

That's probably how I would set the lines after the last game but I'd bet the farm that if Jake starts tonight it will be on the 4th line. 

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Isn't the idea of waivers in order to clear space he has to be assigned a team in the AHL, or in Europe? 

He can be assigned ( on paper ) but still not ever have to go . 

He can be called back up at any time. Utica wouldn’t be required to put him in a game. Short term anyway.

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

He can be assigned ( on paper ) but still not ever have to go . 

He can be called back up at any time. Utica wouldn’t be required to put him in a game. Short term anyway.

Pretty sure they’ll just paper down Chatfield, who doesn’t require waivers.

At least it buys them another day to decide whether they send MacEwan down or put Eriksson or Schaller on waivers.

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty sure they’ll just paper down Chatfield, who doesn’t require waivers.

At least it buys them another day to decide whether they send MacEwan down or put Eriksson or Schaller on waivers.

With Big Mac in the lineup the team is a bit bigger they don’t get pushed around as much he’s the body guard you don’t want to answer to if you don’t have to.

10 minutes ago, Darius said:

Lol

Harold " Are you sure you are old enough to drive"

What a combo, Harold and QH...

Deb has Burr. My idol has always been Harold. Tough, rugged, reliable. Even with crap teams he gave the best effort he could. I love hearing Hughes saying "We have a young team, and a great group of guys...." That's the kind of team building we need. A core that works well and plays hard together can move mountains. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Deb has Burr. My idol has always been Harold. Tough, rugged, reliable. Even with crap teams he gave the best effort he could. I love hearing Hughes saying "We have a young team, and a great group of guys...." That's the kind of team building we need. A core that works well and plays hard together can move mountains. 

I loved Harold too.  There was a stretch there for about 3 years where Harold hadnt scored a goal (maybe im inflating the number of years in my head, its been so long).  Then he scored one from the point vs Montreal (i believe) and the crowd went nuts.  chants of Haroooold the whole game.  Even when Harold had left the Canucks you would occasionally hear the chant in the crowd when they were not playing well....basically a mock chant implying that even Harold would have scored.  The other memory of Harold I have is game 1 vs NYI SCF 1982...didnt he cough up the puck and it cost the Canucks game 1?  They had played so well holding off the legendary NYI attack that whole game.

Edited by Darius
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

I'm missing this one...again. Matinee games suck.

You miss a lot of the games. I feel for ya but you got to do what you got to do.

I usually feel no sympathy for all those complaining about early games since I love hockey at any time. The earlier the better for me. Having said that I'm usually in the CST zone (9 PM start time usually) and love to have a Canucks game and some beers to start the weekend. -_-  It's a nice feeling to be relaxing and doing something you love while everyone is is doing boring Saturday chores.

Anyways, I couldn't seem to nail down the correct start time here and mistakenly thought it started now. :frantic:

I was so looking forward to an ice cold beer but I'm facing a really tough choice. I only bought a 6 pack and I'm thinking I might be shotgunning 3 of those later already. Dilemmas Dilemmas.

Edited by Gawdzukes

22 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I just logged on to up-vote these posts. I too was a huge fan of big Harold. He's my all time favorite.

15 minutes ago, Darius said:

I loved Harold too.  There was a stretch there for about 3 years where Harold hadnt scored a goal (maybe im inflating the number of years in my head, its been so long).  Then he scored one from the point vs Montreal (i believe) and the crowd went nuts.  chants of Haroooold the whole game.  Even when Harold had left the Canucks you would occasionally hear the chant in the crowd when they were not playing well....basically a mock chant implying that even Harold would have scored.  The other memory of Harold I have is game 1 vs NYI SCF 1982...didnt he cough up the puck and it cost the Canucks game 1?  They had played so well holding off the legendary NYI attack that whole game.

It was right on the stick to Bossy. Of all the Islanders, he was the last guy you wanted to gift an open chance like that. Still, that was an epic run.

• Cheers 3