The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Sorry everyone.  I missed the entire game.  I was elbow deep in the family businesses central invoicing system for hours.  One of my relatives managed to fubar it and I had to un-fubar it.

From what I could see from the box stats, my crappy goaltending prediction was right on the nose.

What did I miss?  I'm sure there was plenty of whining about refereeing as always, but what happened with Demko's poor stats this game?  His fault?  The defence's fault? 

I already know Carter Hutton sucks so we can skip over that...

Couple goals demko should have had (especially the last one), but also made a few ridiculous saves. Both teams giving up a lot of chances in the slot. 

pretty even game, Canucks probably had the edge 5 on 5, but really could have gone either way. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, bree2 said:

we need Sutter

No we don’t. 

We don’t need an always injured third liner when we have younger (cheaper)durable players that are equally capable or will be in the very near future. 

If there’s a trade partner for him then he should be moved. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

No we don’t. 

We don’t need an always injured third liner when we have younger (cheaper)durable players that are equally capable or will be in the very near future. 

If there’s a trade partner for him then he should be moved. 

Gaudette is not ready to take over for Sutter

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Im ok with JV18’s play for quite some time now. He needs to understand that not a lot of guys in the league can handle his size when he is going full out. Next off season he should really work on his P.K. game. I can see him getting his fair share of shorthanded breakaways if he works his butt off .

That's his problem he has no off season regime. He came in out of shape and was quickly placed with AHL'er lines at camp.

1 minute ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

JV is playing good simple hockey right now. His puck protection, stick handling and  overall awareness has grown tremendously. Loved that perfectly placed low shot to generate a rebound, he read the play and made the right play. 

What I’m seeing is consistency! I think he’s starting to Get It

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

Boeser with 2 secondary assists, but was invisible the whole game. 

It's going to be impossible to convince people that he's playing poorly when they'll just say "But look at his PointzZZzzZz!!".

He's def no Calder runner up Brock

3 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Hey look the Oilers get to play a team on the second half of a back to back that played us the night before. 

They look sluggish of late losing to Ottawa and struggled with LA.

Two man game ain't gonna cut it in the NHL.

17 minutes ago, bree2 said:

So He’s not ready to be injured for 11 games. 

He better than sutter in the pp and has better chemistry with JV an AR than sutter has in games he hasn’t been injured. 

Gaud will only get better by playing sutter will only get hurt.again. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bree2 said:

So He’s not ready to be injured for 11 games. 

He better than sutter in the pp and has better chemistry with JV an AR than sutter has in games he hasn’t been injured. 

Gaud will only get better by playing sutter will only get hurt.again. 

And the stats would say he’s more than ready.