The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, logic said:

Love that the boys were able to pull out the win but it worries me how we cant defend a lead to save our lives, I know we're a young team but this trend needs to stop if we want to make the playoffs. I love that we can score but we need to be able to win 3-2 or 2-0 every now and then as well.

November was a tough month for us, in December the schedule is in our favour and we need to go on a run and gain some ground for a top 3 spot in the pacific.

Exactly, little buddy

42 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

Markstrom Waving goodbye to the sabres :lol:

Funny.  Though it reminds me a little too much of the wave Tim Thomas gave the Canucks after game 4.  Gawd that rubbed me the wrong way at the time :lol:.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Sorry everyone.  I missed the entire game.  I was elbow deep in the family businesses central invoicing system for hours.  One of my relatives managed to fubar it and I had to un-fubar it.

From what I could see from the box stats, my crappy goaltending prediction was right on the nose.

What did I miss?  I'm sure there was plenty of whining about refereeing as always, but what happened with Demko's poor stats this game?  His fault?  The defence's fault? 

I already know Carter Hutton sucks so we can skip over that...

Oh!  We have a sabre fan here.  Just let me drop everything and give you a summary of the last 15 pages. lol.

:bigblush:

\

eh...your team looks good but they lost. There ya go.

Clutch win this afternoon. Roussel and Leivo lead the way with a pair of goals each. Demko stood tall and was solid when he needed to be. Myers added one as well. Big victory and hope we can keep it going so we can grab a top 3 spot in our division. Also a clutch game winner by Miller. What a howitzer! GCG!

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hmmm, you might be right although I don't remember seeing them out there.  I know that Schaller and Beagle were our mainstay PKers and I saw JT Miller and Pearson out there as well.  

I don't remember seeing our 2nd PP unit out there all night but my medium term memory has seen better days after I discovered Mary Jane :rolleyes:

It's not your fault. We only had 1 PP all night :)

6 minutes ago, kurtis said:

People still cry about the reffing every game and think the NHL is out to get us... 

I was on two other team boards the other day just to see the difference and people complain about the reffing almost equally.

Not saying it's not an issue but it's interesting language and online behavior is similar. 

Missed the game today :mad: but I’ve watched the replays like 4 times. That game looked Wicked exciting. Good on the Boys sticking with it. All these last game gaffs will continue to pave the way to some better veteran game play down the stretch...I hope. 

Roussel is not wasting any time getting back at it!! Monster game. 

Myers was overdue so nice to see him contribute I think he has more offence in his game then we have seen yet. 

The Black Skate Jersey is awesome, my clear favourite. I hope Santa brings me one for Christmas !! 

Edited by Bertorama
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Schaller and Motte both have expiring contracts at the end of the season but their salaries are $1.9m and $925,000 respectively. Letting them walk  and replacing them with call-ups won't free up nearly enough cap space. That leaves LE and Beagle. Since no sober GM would even consider taking on Loui's contract that leaves Beagle as the only viable option. Like I said above, he's 34 so he's only going to get slower from here on out. I think the time to move him is after this season.

Can we just focus on this season? For crikie sakes. Its on December 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Sorry everyone.  I missed the entire game.  I was elbow deep in the family businesses central invoicing system for hours.  One of my relatives managed to fubar it and I had to un-fubar it.

From what I could see from the box stats, my crappy goaltending prediction was right on the nose.

What did I miss?  I'm sure there was plenty of whining about refereeing as always, but what happened with Demko's poor stats this game?  His fault?  The defence's fault? 

I already know Carter Hutton sucks so we can skip over that...

Game played out like clockwork.

Canucks blowing leads

Poor Buffalo goaltending

2 young teams making mistake after mistake

Horrible reffing

CDC bitching worse than the reffing

Eriksson crucified - even though didn't play

back to back high paced play

Garrett talked about food during important game moments

Horrible reffing

Saturday beers

Super Excitement and nail biting