The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

36 minutes ago, Ryan Nugent Hopkins said:

6’8” Tyler Myers I think really lacks physicality on the back end.  The guy is bigger than everyone and is soft as butter, really nice goal though. 

Btw the refs were brutal tonight 

"Soft as butter" isn't accurate.  He's played physically in the past....his game just isn't focused on the crash and bang use of his size and he contributes in other ways (too).  Gone are the days of goons with size who are one dimensional.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Unknown1995 said:

Feels great to have a trade finally work out this well for us. 

It's what happens when you trade a more valuable asset. You have a better chance of getting a higher reward player. We couldn't afford to give up high assets in the past though because we were rebuilding. We still are rebuilding, but are making a push with this core group to see where we stand now, so we could afford to make this type of deal. Remember when people called this a cap dump trade?

The Gaudette pick was acquired through trade I believe as well and has worked out quite nicely.

I'm assuming you meant in the Benning era because we have had incredible deals in the past as well like Naslund and Luongo.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

JV is playing good simple hockey right now. His puck protection, stick handling and  overall awareness has grown tremendously. Loved that perfectly placed low shot to generate a rebound, he read the play and made the right play.

Jake's on pace for 19 goals and 41 points.  And yes, ahead of 18YO and MDC.  Not bad for $1.25mil.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

"Soft as butter" isn't accurate.  He's played physically in the past....his game just isn't focused on the crash and bang use of his size and he contributes in other ways (too).  Gone are the days of goons with size who are one dimensional.

He's an easy whipping boy. His size is both a strength and liability. Unfortunately, some fans can have it both ways with Myers.

He's obviously feeling more comfotable and confident. We need that.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Have to agree with that statement, and soft as butter isn't the kind of thing I visualize when I watch players just bounce off him so often. He's been similar to how Edler's been a lot of the time, just out there doing hard minutes for the team. I've enjoyed what I've seen from him so far even though the points haven't been there. And given his performance this afternoon, I imagine the points will come.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, coolboarder said:

I feel that there should be an automatic penalty if a concussion protocol is enabled if the replay deemed to be an illegal moves even if missed by the ref even minutes later.   A coach should be able to challenge a missed call that led to concussion protocol is being activated.  That would be another way to protect other players and by then, they will not be able to get away with anything.   It has to be agreed upon by the competition committee and the BOG.  

So they miss the call, to rig the deck

But they send him to the dark room to legally protect their diabolical NHL entity-@$$.

#riggeddeckleague at it's finest

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Beagle should not be moved.

And I could not care less about cap issues. That is JBs issue. 

Not sure why fans think they need to worry about it when they probably don't know much about it.

But whatever.....

This gentleman gets it.  Beagle is glue. If your'e a fan, why worry about cap issues and the sort.  I assure everyone they have some math wizard on the case.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Ok I admit he’s not completely “soft as butter” but the bottem line is that he’s not physical enough, he lets people off the boards to easily.  He needs to use his size advantage more.  I’m not asking him to be a goon he’s to skilled for that.  Watch from 6:24 to 7:12 that was Myers man that came out of the boards with the puck

Edited by Ryan Nugent Hopkins

One of the most atrociously reffed games I’ve ever watched. It was obvious they were in the pocket for Buffalo to win this game. Didn’t end up that way as we put up valiant efforts to overcome game management penalties and came away with the 2 points. Buffalo shouldn’t have even gotten a point, but it’s to an east coast team so whatever. 2 in a row, let’s make it 3 when the Laffs come to town!

• Upvote 1