The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

53 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Nah those ones were way more predatory. He was just looking to create space with his body and there was just a height mismatch. 

Bull it was a blind side cheap shot not to mention a blatant pick/interference. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

While I agree that Edler is crucial to our defense core he's just as guilty as anyone else for standing in a box allowing the opposition to take all day to make a play. It isn't any one individuals fault, it's the fault of the coaching staff and their methodology. The D men are just playing the style of defense they're being told to. Which is box out, clog up the lanes, block shots.  When I looked at it a couple weeks ago Edler and Tanev were like 2nd and 3rd in the league for blocked shots. That speaks volumes right there. Bottom line is that you won't see a change in the teams style of play until the coaching staff changes because they are the driver of that bus.

Regarding Bo, I don't think there was anything malicious about the play. It was coincidental contact. Apparently Bo went over to talk to the guy after and he hadn't even realized he hit him in the head. 

No need to give him the Steve Moore treatment over it!

After awhile, the coaches had to take some responsibility for the passive or cautious style they play during crucial times of the game cause with other coaches Edler (younger) play was somewhat different.  It is the coaches who determines who is on the ice...

Working in Van City Short term...you know building the pipeline...lol

This team has a ton of potential...got tickets for Hurricanes, Knights and Blues...finally see them play other teams "live" rather than Calgary.

Team needs to keep the pedal to the metal in the third by keeping it simple.

• Cheers 4

3 hours ago, NHTyrany said:

I guessed you missed that SanJose play-off series

Yes. That was a real eye opener. Sadly.

Oh. Gaudette jumped out of the way of the tieing goal instead of blocking it at the point. Or was I imagining it?

Edited by langlands

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I disagree. He wasn't invisible at all tonight. He wasn't in the offensive zone making many of the plays but he was pushing the play extremely well and moving his skates from the defensive zone into the offensive zone. I'm highly critical of him too, but he did a lot of the little things right and that's the reason why he got 2 secondary assists. He could be playing better but that's just on an offensive standpoint. He's been playing great lately, but he hasn't been getting the puck much. 

agree that those secondary assists in the defensive zone can lead to clean breakouts which end with a goal....a goal would not have happened if a player hadn't dug deep and won a puck battle or a race for the puck...these little things do lead to big things.

Boeser is fine, the Penguins game he was on for the last two goals that mattered, that was really the only game I've seen where he sh$t the bed.

Edited by Pete M

59 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Remember that Boeser has a sick father who is probably on his mind a lot.

Goof point! I think sometimes people tend to forget that these athletes are humans, just like you and I. Stats aren't everything

• Upvote 1

First star of the game, the skate jerseys.  

Miss the old gold red and black.  Best Jersey and logo the team ever had.  

Don't mind the blue and white, don't mind the C... way better than the V's.  The Retro Rink is cool.  The lunch bucket teams of Smyl and Linden are the ones I am most fond of.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, langlands said:

Yes. That was a real eye opener. Sadly.

Oh. Gaudette jumped out of the way of the tieing goal instead of blocking it at the point. Or was I imagining it?

Bag skate for one or a one ticket back to Utica if that is the case.  Taking one for the team is part of hockey. 

• Upvote 1

This is kind of off topic, but I just noticed that Horvat, Hughes, and Monahan have the same amount of points. Gaudreau has one less than those three.

And we have Petey / Boes / JT Miller all with more.

Haha....so much for Calgary being ahead of us in any rebuild.

Calgarysuk fans are pissed and talk a lot about trading Monahan.  Awesome days......lol

:towel:

Edit: although both teams are tied with 34 points each (Canucks have one game in hand). We next play Calgary on Dec. 29 in Calgary. Looking forward to it.

Double Edit: I forgot to mention Lucic the scoring machine. I guess that puts Calgary in a better spot than us going forward  :bigblush:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Watching OJ cross check guys in front of the net and smooth smart play. Gotta go with ohlund all the way. 

Good to see him playing again and can't wait to see him in van  

Is OJ a big boy, or are those AHL guys he's playing against Smurfs?  I know he's 6'3", but he looks solid too.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Is OJ a big boy, or are those AHL guys he's playing against Smurfs?  I know he's 6'3", but he looks solid too.  

Haven't seen him play this year in person but last year he looked thick. His filling out nicely. 

its nice to see he has a lil mean streak in him ha

no those guys arnt smurfs ha that's all him ha.