The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen

Loving this line, it's so damn feisty.

Once Edler, Sutter, and Motte return, and Pettersson and Boeser get going again, we're going to be a really tough team to stop. 

Virtanen seems to up his game with he's put with a more physical line mate.

• Upvote 3

All of the talk in PGT about Edler.  If Edler were playing, I just think that the result would be the same.   Edler were fine when Canucks were allowing 6-3 lead so I just don't think that'll make a big difference.  It's Demko who is allowing those type of goals lately.  I feel that Demko will be very good one but he is allowing goals like this in last few games.  Teams has exposed Demko with good shots already.    I feel confidence with DiPietro after seeing highlights on the AHL team.   He is already taking over AHL with his play.   He is not eligible for expansion draft as a 2 pro hockey seasons exemption.   The Canucks is going to lose a very good player when draft comes around.   Whether it be forwards, or defence or a goalie.   Hughes is also ED exempted so we'll keep 4 best defence this time around after losing Sbisa to Vegas.  I'm leaning on protecting Markstrom for now and hope that Demko will be able to improve.

6 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Crazy game but good teams find ways to win these ones, bad teams find ways to lose them and we very nearly did.

Bang on with almost all your points, especially your assessment of the forward lines.  I just thought that Fantenberg was one of our best d-men tonight after Myers, Hughes and Benn (I guess 4th out of 6 isn't that great haha).  

As far as sitting on leads, it looks like the Canucks are trying to push the opposition to the outside and limit scoring chances from the middle of the ice, between the hashmarks.  It's not really working well, so either we stick with it and hope to improve or tear the house down defensively and start all over, 20 something games into the season.  Tough call. 

I'm pretty happy with the game because we dominated the Sabres for more then half the game and deserved the win IMO.  

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

The OT penalty that won us the game was an even up call for the no-call on Horvat. Quit whining about the officiating. 

That was an outright trip that resulted in a scoring opportunity that would have been a goal, I do not think you could see a better definition of a penalty, it was unmissable. The hit on Horvat was also a penalty that was missed, the officiating was atrocious. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

The OT penalty that won us the game was an even up call for the no-call on Horvat. Quit whining about the officiating. 

You're not too bright eh? It was a trip that left Eichel wide open in the slot. That's a call at any point in the game/season. 

• Upvote 1

Exciting game!  We got two points & overcome refs.

Guad line became more dangerous, keep it & Canucks will have more opportunity to playoff.

Myer was quite solid, and Miller was great as usual.

Injured players come back with good showing.

Demko confirmed that we should not trade Marky.

Wishing Bo is Okay.