The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Alex Galchenyuk

13 minutes ago, smokes said:

Hey Benning got Pearson for a useless Gudbransen from the same GM so why not?

Gudbranson wasn’t useless. He is an okay d-man, with a better contract, and plays a more useful position. Eriksson is about as useless as it gets. Hell he’s outright detrimental cause his cap hit hinders roster flexibility. 2 and a half years of Eriksson is nowhere near worth half a year of Chucky, defensive woes and all. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Won't happen, but throw in a draft pick? 

Still wouldn’t happen. 
Galchenyuk 25, still good for 40-50 points. In last year of his contract at $4.9m 

Ericksson 34, has 1 point this year, signed for 2 more seasons beyond this year with an AAV OF $6m.  Has buyout proof contract. 

It cost Toronto a 1st to get out of 1 season of Marleau at $6.25m.  It would likely take a similar return (or more) for Pittsburgh to take on 2 additional seasons of Ericksson 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Still wouldn’t happen. 
Galchenyuk 25, still good for 40-50 points. In last year of his contract at $4.9m 

Ericksson 34, has 1 point this year, signed for 2 more seasons beyond this year with an AAV OF $6m.  Has buyout proof contract. 

It cost Toronto a 1st to get out of 1 season of Marleau at $6.25m.  It would likely take a similar return (or more) for Pittsburgh to take on 2 additional seasons of Ericksson 

Who cares!  It's a Canuck's board, so we make the deals.  Go to the Pen's board (they don't have any members though - ha ha) if you want to make a deal that favours the them.  

Chucky might have off ice issues, so he has no value at all.  I wouldn't go near him.  

9 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Gudbranson wasn’t useless. He is an okay d-man, with a better contract, and plays a more useful position. Eriksson is about as useless as it gets. Hell he’s outright detrimental cause his cap hit hinders roster flexibility. 2 and a half years of Eriksson is nowhere near worth half a year of Chucky, defensive woes and all. 

No no, I was told by now Gudbranson wouldn't be even in the league anymore. The thread after he was traded was full of all the top CDC experts on the matter. 

Still happy with the trade for Pearson but I agree, I would take Guddy over LE, if we have to float an overpaid contract.

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who cares!  It's a Canuck's board, so we make the deals.  Go to the Pen's board (they don't have any members though - ha ha) if you want to make a deal that favours the them.  

Chucky might have off ice issues, so he has no value at all.  I wouldn't go near him.  

I come here to actually talk hockey. Not masturbate over Canucks players. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Not really. No.  Have you seen me suggesting ridiculous lopsided trades involving Alzner? Or any other Canadiens player? 

just kidding. 

I do feel like you give the Habs too much credit but I could be wrong. All in fun. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 11:07 AM, Alflives said:

If wishes were horses beggars would ride.