The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Madison Bowey

7 hours ago, milk and honey said:

He has been terrible this year and was on Detroit. I think good chance he clears. Has one of those names people think is a good player but isn't aka etem, sbisa, Hodgson last bit of his career, hutton ect... 

Sbisa is actually playing some very steady minutes for Winnipeg. But I see your point otherwise. 

At under 1 mill he's better value than any Dman we have on our roster who isn't on an ELC 

We'll you could argue edler could be 9mill on the open market and that would make him the best value. 

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd be surprised if he wasn't picked up, sure he's a tweener but you can never tell about fit with the right d partner. Just look at Guddy's career, when he's paired with a Campbell or Edler you got a lot out of him. 

Claim Bowey.

Play him with Hughes for 10 games.

Trade Bowey for a 2nd round pick.

BOOM.....asset management!!

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Provost said:

We are not in cap hell at all.  I would suggest that you go out and play with an armchair GM program.  Any iteration of a healthy 23 man roster leaves us under the cap, regardless of who we have to bury to get down to that mandated roster.  
Don’t conflate actual dollars with cap space, it seems to confuse you and you are all over the map.

This is all math, not opinion.  Do the actual math rather than spouting off.  The stuff you are saying about a Bowey making our cap worse is literally mathematically impossible, so yes you are wrong.

You are a patient poster and I applaud you for it.

You can't explain math to a donkey. Donkey's just can't add.  But they are still funny to look at...

::D

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

If you're not good enough for Detroit you're probably awful.

8pts in 22 games is decent offensive point production at least, yes he is a -13. Just as a reference, 6m Tyler Myers has 6pts in 30gp with an E rating

Have to think a team ahead of us on the waiver selection takes a flyer on him

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

8pts in 22 games is decent offensive point production at least, yes he is a -13. Just as a reference, 6m Tyler Myers has 6pts in 30gp with an E rating

At 24 and still atrocious defensively. I'd be very surprised if anyone gives up a roster spot for him. He's defensive Goldy without the flashes of offensive brilliance. I think people are overrating him based on name. Detroit is a very well run and intelligent team. I doubt they would risk losing him if they thought something was there. We'll see though. D-men are valuable, somebody might take the chance and just waive him down the line if he keeps being awful.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Yep, the problem is in his own end, rather than offensively.  Maybe Toronto will claim him since they clearly have no issue with defensemen who can't play defense.  I want no part of him here.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’d rather give our own prospects a chance than give a player who couldn’t stay on one of the worst lineups in the league.

At this point Brisebois and Rafferty have just as much value.

I'd say they have more value cause they can play defense. And Breezer is 2 years younger and still probably a better d-man than Bowey overall right now.

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yep, the problem is in his own end, rather than offensively.  Maybe Toronto will claim him since they clearly have no issue with defensemen who can't play defense.  I want no part of him here.

that could happen, if so then I hope he spirals farther downwards with the Laffs!

44 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’d rather give our own prospects a chance than give a player who couldn’t stay on one of the worst lineups in the league.

At this point Brisebois and Rafferty have just as much value.

Its not really a risk for us to "potentially" put in a claim and get him. Heck, Edler is out for a bit so take a flyer on the guy...get him in practices and let Chatfield go back and help Utica, he knows the system there. After a couple weeks of Bowey being with the Canucks you could slot him in for a game or 2 for Fantenberg and see how he does. If he is ineffective and a liability oh well we tried and you waive he guy and he either gets claimed or give Utica some more depth.

It is a short term no risk low to medium at best reward, 1 team will either claim him or work a deal so they can make a trade and let him learn the acquisition teams new playbook/style in the A and give him a call up down the road.

If Bowey clears...trade Goldy for Bowey? Goldy is done as a Canuck, won't b qualified and will become a UFA July 1, that is almost certain in my opinion

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You are a patient poster and I applaud you for it.

You can't explain math to a donkey. Donkey's just can't add.  But they are still funny to look at...

::D

well    donkey,   so it is quite obvious you cant figure out it either  that adding a million dollar contract  to save 75 ,000 dollar in cap space makes no sense   , does that make financial sense to a team owner?    no.     What do we gain   a lousy 75,000 dollars,  in capspace  and some waiver wire guy that we really don't need  , I am sure aquaman just loves tossing millions around   donkey  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, the grinder said:

well    donkey,   so it is quite obvious you cant figure out it either  that adding a million dollar contract  to save 75 ,000 dollar in cap space makes no sense   , does that make financial sense to a team owner?    no.     What do we gain   a lousy 75,000 dollars,  in capspace  and some waiver wire guy that we really don't need  , I am sure aquaman just loves tossing millions around   donkey  

A player who might actually turn into an NHLer instead of a useless piece of trash like LE.  I wouldn't be claiming Bowey either, but getting our $6 million floater out of town is pretty valuable..  LE is such a huge liability that he's costing us games, which could end up with us missing the playoffs.  Our owner would obviously like some playoff revenue, which is more likely if you aren't carrying a guy who can't score, won't hit, and floats half the time he's on the ice.  I'm sure Aquilini is as sick of the rest of us of watching Eriksson disgrace the uniform every time he sets foot onto the ice.

Edited by King Heffy