The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] How can we keep these 6 forward in seattle expansion?

tan

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

He definitely does suck. There is a reason why he is constantly benched.

That's a great argument, can you back it up? I constantly see him out there in the last couple minutes protecting leads. JV does still lack in the hockey sense department, but his game is far superior to anyone we have sitting in the minors or press box

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

That's a great argument, can you back it up? I constantly see him out there in the last couple minutes protecting leads. JV does still lack in the hockey sense department, but his game is far superior to anyone we have sitting in the minors or press box

You are blind then. Take a look at TOI. He is almost always dead last among forwards, minus any Utica plug.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

You are blind then. Take a look at TOI. He is almost always dead last among forwards, minus any Utica plug.

JV plays only 5v5, his minutes will be low. His TOI is fine for his roll... Your argument is he sucks, please explain why? I think he's been a great 3rd line player, may not be the smartest player, may take nights off but I think he's finally figuring it out this year

10 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

JV plays only 5v5, his minutes will be low. His TOI is fine for his roll... Your argument is he sucks, please explain why? I think he's been a great 3rd line player, may not be the smartest player, may take nights off but I think he's finally figuring it out this year

My argument that he sucks and not worth protecting in the expansion draft when you will be exposing Demko who is a far better looking piece than Virtanen? No GM is taking Virtanen over Demko. 

13 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

My argument that he sucks and not worth protecting in the expansion draft when you will be exposing Demko who is a far better looking piece than Virtanen? No GM is taking Virtanen over Demko. 

That's a ridiculous argument.

You have to expose one eligible keeper, it's a rule.

You can't just sub JV for TD, champ.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I think you're the one that's blind. As other ppl have pointed out.

Edited by Monteeun

21 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Actually, if I'm Vegas I am absolutely taking JV over Demko.  There are other top goalies who will be exposed that Vegas could take.  There will not be any players like JV though.  Young, big, intimidating, great skater, great shot, excellent defensively, cheap, and has a very high ceiling still.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually, if I'm Vegas I am absolutely taking JV over Demko.  There are other top goalies who will be exposed that Vegas could take.  There will not be any players like JV though.  Young, big, intimidating, great skater, great shot, excellent defensively, cheap, and has a very high ceiling still.  

Vegas is getting another team????????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but Jake doesn't suck. He's on a 0.5ppg pace and looks like a great fit with Roussel, and is really using his body to his advantage this year on the boards, finally. 

I'd guess his shoulder is feeling better, plus he is "growing up" or at least gaining confidence that he does belong up here in the show.

Hoping some one with experience can show him how to scrap a bit or at least protect himself when challenged. Adding that to his game would be a substantial upgrade to an already decent career path.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, peaches5 said:

He definitely does suck. There is a reason why he is constantly benched.

I think you should avoid hockey and go back to playing limited contact tiddlywinks... and get that concussion you got in your last tournament against kindergarten kids looked after.

3 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Looking back at TOI from last game, I guess you also think Ferland, Roussel, and Gaudette got benched, so they suck too right? Jake's a valuable player who's starting to figure it out. Players have been coming in and out of the lineup all season, and not once has Jake been a healthy scratch. You want to see a benched player? Take a look at #21.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

I'd guess his shoulder is feeling better, plus he is "growing up" or at least gaining confidence that he does belong up here in the show.

Hoping some one with experience can show him how to scrap a bit or at least protect himself when challenged. Adding that to his game would be a substantial upgrade to an already decent career path.

I've noticed him getting under peoples skin more this year, and i think his threat more than fighting is hitting someone pretty hard when he's in the mood for it. 

10 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Looking back at TOI from last game, I guess you also think Ferland, Roussel, and Gaudette got benched, so they suck too right? Jake's a valuable player who's starting to figure it out. Players have been coming in and out of the lineup all season, and not once has Jake been a healthy scratch. You want to see a benched player? Take a look at #21.

I forgot people here have never even played hockey. Benched does not mean scratched. Benched means the coach makes stay on the bench, good god. Ferland had his first game back in over a month. He's not going to get a lot of ice-time. Gaudette and Roussel both played more minutes than Virtanen so I am not sure why you bring them up. If you go back over the last 15 games Virtanen has the lowest AVG of TOI but sure pretend like Green doesn't bench him. 

• Wat 1

Just now, peaches5 said:

I forgot people here have never even played hockey. Benched does not mean scratched. Benched means the coach makes stay on the bench, good god. Ferland had his first game back in over a month. He's not going to get a lot of ice-time. Gaudette and Roussel both played more minutes than Virtanen so I am not sure why you bring them up. If you go back over the last 15 games Virtanen has the lowest AVG of TOI but sure pretend like Green doesn't bench him. 

I didn't know you knew anything about hockey - or dieting.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

And Jake is a lot more than points.  He's an intimidating force, skates super fast, and plays smart defensively.  Guy is turning into a valuable piece.  

Nobody is intimidated by Virtanen. It's the other way around. Virtanen is scared of everyone else. He will not fight anyone. As soon as a tough person comes by Virtanen is gone.

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I didn't know you knew anything about hockey - or dieting.

Kinda like how I was right about Pettersson and his weight right? There's no way trainers would lie about his weight! You just can't stand the fact I was right.

Edited by peaches5
  • Haha 1