The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stars fire head coach Jim Montgomery, name Rick Bowness interim head coach

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

True, but what he do that was so damaging while he was drunk.  He’s clearly been a walking, working, and functioning alcoholic for a long time.  Something happened that we don’t yet know about.  

In my experience there's no such thing as a functioning alcoholic. I'm glad he's getting help.

Edited by babych

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

True, but what he do that was so damaging while he was drunk.  He’s clearly been a walking, working, and functioning alcoholic for a long time.  Something happened that we don’t yet know about.  

who knows? Booze (if this is what his particular demon is) is a funny thing. I had an uncle that was a wonderful person, award winning teacher, during the day, complete asshole drunk by night. Some people really are Jekyll and Hyde. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 1/3/2020 at 8:10 PM, babych said:

In my experience there's no such thing as a functioning alcoholic. I'm glad he's getting help.

I guarantee you know more than you are aware of. Some people hide it so well that you have no idea until they end up in the hospital.