The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stars fire head coach Jim Montgomery, name Rick Bowness interim head coach

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Hate to say it but it's likely either drugs or young women. 

Doubt it is drugs because I would think the decent thing to do would be to have him resign/enter rehab. For prostitution, etc., I would think this would involve a criminal investigation and the team has ruled out the criminal side of things. 

28 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

Not on-ice.

No staff involved.

No criminal investigation.

No abuse, not hockey-related.

Found out this weekend via phonecal.

No connection to players past or present.

The hell did he do.

with all those options out of the way, I'd wager a guess on an inappropriate office relationship. 

edit: sorry missed the staff part. 

OK maybe just an inappropriate out of office relationship?

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

We can all than marner and the other dude for costing these coaches  jobs now

"Costing" jobs? Get your head checked. It's about time that the old culture around hockey gets eroded and one of respect and tolerance in ushered in. A sport as not diverse as Hockey needed this.

Think of situations at your own jobs. Forget your emotional tie to a sport, in any work situation, there is a level of expected decorum and boundaries that one does not cross, else you face being fired. Why hold athletes and sports folks such as coaches in any other regard.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If it happens to be this, the league should be dragged through the mud for not helping Montgomery out.

I think it's very likely related to that. Watch Jim Nill's interview it's like he knows he didn't do his due diligence and should have known he was an alcoholic. It's possible that he did something recently that could be seen as "embarrassing" hence why he is fired and not suspended.

Heard he went to an In and Out drive-thru, was bumping lines of cocaine on the dash of his car while drinking a shake and eating a cheeseburger, stole a lion from the Dallas Zoo, played some shinny at the rink at 3:00 AM blasted and zooted, passed out on his doorstep.

This is from twitter ill source you guys in a few.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If it happens to be this, the league should be dragged through the mud for not helping Montgomery out.

Completely agree. It may be that it's less of an alcohol problem and more of what he did when drinking.

If it's just an alcohol problem, I'd be shocked if they let him go instead of getting him help

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I think it's very likely related to that. Watch Jim Nill's interview it's like he knows he didn't do his due diligence and should have known he was an alcoholic. It's possible that he did something recently that could be seen as "embarrassing" hence why he is fired and not suspended.

zack-kassian-hockey-headshot-photo.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that doesn't sound very family friendly 

It is actually one of the cooler local segments as Monty the coach gets pretty relaxed with Monty the host. Well not anymore lol. They had one segment where Monty talked about crop dusting the classroom when he was in college. It was pretty damn funny.  

• Cheers 1