Gator

Hall

For

Markstrom

Lievo 

Lind

Gadjovich

Picks

Yea it's a lot but there is no denying Demko is NHL ready. Adding Hall to our group would do wonders for our top line and PP.

Hall Pettersson Boeser

Miller Horvat Ferland

Now that's a solid future top 6

Virtanen, Gaudette, Pearson, Beagle, Motte, Sutter, Roussel, Schaller, Baertschi, Eriksson, McEwen, others

That's a solid group of guys to build your bottom 6 around.

Hughes Myers

Edler Tanev

Benn Stecher

Tryamkin

Very solid Dcore that could we could be going to the playoffs with. Tryamkin could be the Xfactor. That guy is a beast and most Canuck fans have forgotten just how solid he was his rookie year and hes only gotten better.

If we ice that team and Demko can be that solid #1 he seems to be I think we have a very good shot at the cup

Funny thing is I think this team is a dark horse as it is right now so just imagine if we landed Hall. Idk if we have a shot but it all depends on his market I guess. Cant see us giving away another 1st or top end young guys such as Petey, Boeser, Hughes, Horvat, etc. Its fun to think about though

What would you guys be willing to offer for Hall if anything?

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

It's been speculated by some fairly reputable sources that the starting point for Hall would be a first round pick, an A+ level prospect, a young roster-ready player, and another high pick. 

I don't think we have the assets, nor are we in a position to re-sign him even if we did have the assets to acquire him. 

22 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Hall

For

Markstrom

Lievo 

Lind

Gadjovich

Picks

Yea it's a lot but there is no denying Demko is NHL ready. Adding Hall to our group would do wonders for our top line and PP.

Hall Pettersson Boeser

Miller Horvat Ferland

Virtanen, Gaudette, Pearson, Beagle, Motte, Sutter, Roussel, Schaller, Baertschi, Eriksson, McEwen, others

Hughes Myers

Edler Tanev

Benn Stecher

Tryamkin

Very solid Dcore that could we could be going to the playoffs with. Tryamkin could be the Xfactor. That guy is a beast and most Canuck fans have forgotten just how solid he was his rookie year and hes only gotten better.

If we ice that team and Demko can be that solid #1 he seems to be I think we have a very good shot at the cup

Funny thing is I think this team is a dark horse as it is right now so just imagine if we landed Hall. Idk if we have a shot but it all depends on his market I guess. Cant see us giving away another 1st or top end young guys such as Petey, Boeser, Hughes, Horvat, etc. Its fun to think about though

Markstrom 2.70 GAA  .913 SV%

Demko        3.00 GAA  .906 SV%

IMO Demko's numbers do not indicate he's ready.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Hes played very well this year. Theres a few bad games that really dropped his numbers such as the Penguins and Sabers games.

Demko has been nothing short of elite in every league hes been in and I really dont think itll take him long to show us why we took him. Hes going to be a top 5 goalie for years to come book it

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

40 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Hall

For

Markstrom

Lievo 

Lind

Gadjovich

Picks

Hall Pettersson Boeser

Miller Horvat Ferland

Hughes Myers

Edler Tanev

Benn Stecher

Tryamkin

I just wanna ask, are these trades right for us? Right now we have a good thing going. Two good goaltenders and nice depth. I'm not sure if i want to interfere with that.

It feels like people are trading for the sake of trading. I'm not trying to put you on the spot and i get it, hall is intriguing. But i have seen people making trades that has us giving away alot.

Edited by Monteeun
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Hes played very well this year. Theres a few bad games that really dropped his numbers such as the Penguins and Sabers games.

Demko has been nothing short of elite in every league hes been in and I really dont think itll take him long to show us why we took him. Hes going to be a top 5 goalie for years to come book it

Yeah but if you're wrong we have no Marky and an occasionally suspect Demko.

I'd like to see more from Demko before I am ready to anoint him the #1.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Demko Elite? You must be joking right I mean Marky is not even elite

Why don't we just throw in the entire roster AND Travis Green, and ice a lineup of:

Hall-Hall-Hall

Hall-Hall-Hall

Hall-Hall-Hall

Hall-Hall-Hall

Hall-Hall

Hall-Hall

Hall-Hall

Hall

Hall

Coach: Hall

In all seriousness though, no thanks on Hall. If we're going to acquire a high level forward via trade, we should wait a year or two and then get a forward that's available that's closer to our core's age.

Plus, Taylor Hall was drafted by Edmonton, so I'd rather not see him in a Canucks jersey, lol

PS Please stop making threads involving trading Marky :)

Edited by BrockBoester
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brock Botanen said:

Hall

For

Markstrom

Lievo 

Lind

Gadjovich

Picks

Hall Pettersson Boeser

Miller Horvat Ferland

Hughes Myers

Edler Tanev

Benn Stecher

Tryamkin

Depth, (Markstrom, Lievo, Lind, Gadjovich, picks) > Hall

You win the cup on having enough depth, not based on one player who has a history of significant injuries. He only played 33 games last year.

Which brings me back to the point I've made SOOOOOOOO many times in these threads,

WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO TRADE AWAY THE BEST DEPTH THAT THIS ORGANIZATION HAS EVER HAD?

We are finally into a position where we can compete and win based on depth and being able to wear another team down. Suddenly, everyone wants to immediately trade it away!

STOP IT AND ENJOY WHAT WE NOW HAVE!

:frantic:

I think I should also point out, that since Hall has indicated that he's leaning towards going UFA in the Summer so he can pick his destination, your "Solid Future Top 6" is likely a foreseeable future of around 50 - 70 games, depending on whether we are in playoffs or not. That's quiet a return for a rental.

Edited by VegasCanuck
Additional
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

THIS

Demko is looking awesome, but he still needs to be an NHL backup for awhile. He hasn't even played 20 NHL games, suddenly fans figure he's ready to be the starter. THAT is how you destroy a goalie's confidence and career, throwing him full in too soon.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

THIS

Demko is looking awesome, but he still needs to be an NHL backup for awhile. He hasn't even played 20 NHL games, suddenly fans figure he's ready to be the starter. THAT is how you destroy a goalie's confidence and career, throwing him full in too soon.

22 games over three partial seasons

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

That return doesn’t fit New Jersey’s needs at all.  The fest piece coming back to them is a pending UFA goalie.  They aren’t in a position to compete for a playoff spot this season, so they’ll be looking for more quality, less quantity.  

The Devils are know to overpay for goalies :bigblush:

56 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Depth, (Markstrom, Lievo, Lind, Gadjovich, picks) > Hall

You win the cup on having enough depth, not based on one player who has a history of significant injuries. He only played 33 games last year.

Which brings me back to the point I've made SOOOOOOOO many times in these threads,

WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO TRADE AWAY THE BEST DEPTH THAT THIS ORGANIZATION HAS EVER HAD?

We are finally into a position where we can compete and win based on depth and being able to wear another team down. Suddenly, everyone wants to immediately trade it away!

STOP IT AND ENJOY WHAT WE NOW HAVE!

:frantic:

I think I should also point out, that since Hall has indicated that he's leaning towards going UFA in the Summer so he can pick his destination, your "Solid Future Top 6" is likely a foreseeable future of around 50 - 70 games, depending on whether we are in playoffs or not. That's quiet a return for a rental.

You dont think Hall would love to play along side Pettersson and stick it to the Oilers every year?

Hall is a UFA at the end of the season.  He can sign anywhere he wants to, so unless there's insurance that he will sign in Van, well you know...

In 10 seasons, he's only had one where he's played 82 games.  He's a fantastic player, but his style serves up +++ injuries.