The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, Ryan Nugent Hopkins said:

Why should they even be excited, we’ve won 3 playoff games in the last 8 years.  We have to prove something and make the playoffs sooner or later

Why this negative ‘why should I... or what have you done for me lately’ attitude?
Its not a about you should be excited, its a question of supporting your team through thick and thin, and by showing them support, you may actually get that little bit extra, to get them back in to the play offs. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i was at the game but i don't really feel the canucks "outplayed" the leafs.. on the scoreboard maybe.. but other than the 3 breakaways and the goal by leivo.. Andersson didn't really have to make a great safe all game.. sure there were a few deflected pucks towards him.. but those were all coming in slow motion.. more like fluttering towards him.. and the rest were clear looks by the goalie easy saves.. the leafs on the other hand.. on a more than a few occasions even though they didn't end up with a shot.. they were just passing the puck on a string in the canucks zone.. matthew deked around a defender on multiple occasion from the faceoff dot.. whatever on to the next... but they better start putting some wins together or they'll be out of the playoff by new years.. with calgary starting to look like the team from last year and arizona doesn't look like it's going anywhere.. i dunno if we'll have enough in the tank to compete against the nashville or vegas who both are underachieving and could get hot any time

You're not wrong- and not to single any player(s) out, but that's on the shooter for not finishing those chances/creating a shot for a rebound or on Freddie for making a good save. The team as a whole still played really well and equalled their moments in controlling the puck in the Leaf's defensive end, and we were able to create chances off of Toronto's failed breakouts and turnovers on top of that. 

Sure Matthews might have deked around a player here and there, but I honestly expected a lot more considering the quality of their forwards. You have to expect those players being able to make those plays here and there every night. Not even taking into account that they have expensive quality wingers and even double stacking their top centers at during different shifts.

5 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Unfortunately she still my sister....but she’s available.

she could be your for a few pucks and a hockey bag. Hockey bag can be in used condition just so it’s a fair trade.

Cheers Harry for lifting the mood. That’s the spirit amigo. Onwards and upwards.... with or without your sister :towel:

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

People saying we outplayed them wtf are you smoking? Outshooting means nothing

if none of the shots are dangerous, we were tentative and we were outplayed all game.

The leafs could have had 3-4 more goals you are fools if you think otherwise. We 

were soft and easy to push around all. night. long. I honestly thought we got our

water bottles spiked with a tranquilizer or something and horvat was the worst 

of all the players. Sooo many un reliable players right now. Lievo is the king of 

those players get his azz off this team.

Tell us how you really feel? 

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i was at the game but i don't really feel the canucks "outplayed" the leafs.. on the scoreboard maybe.. but other than the 3 breakaways and the goal by leivo.. Andersson didn't really have to make a great safe all game.. sure there were a few deflected pucks towards him.. but those were all coming in slow motion.. more like fluttering towards him.. and the rest were clear looks by the goalie easy saves.. the leafs on the other hand.. on a more than a few occasions even though they didn't end up with a shot.. they were just passing the puck on a string in the canucks zone.. matthew deked around a defender on multiple occasion from the faceoff dot.. whatever on to the next... but they better start putting some wins together or they'll be out of the playoff by new years.. with calgary starting to look like the team from last year and arizona doesn't look like it's going anywhere.. i dunno if we'll have enough in the tank to compete against the nashville or vegas who both are underachieving and could get hot any time

Worry much?

It will go into the books as a loss but I saw a lot of positives. I might even suggest one of those games that will be looked Back on as a season setter. Hughes had a great game as he takes mega strides. The overall puck possession and offensive zone TOI was impressive. 

What  becomes clearer as as the season progresses is the Van need for another top 4 d-man. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

It will go into the books as a loss but I saw a lot of positives. I might even suggest one of those games that will be looked Back on as a season setter. Hughes had a great game as he takes mega strides. The overall puck possession and offensive zone TOI was impressive. 

What  becomes clearer as as the season progresses is the Van need for another top 4 d-man. 

Edler...

While Hughes and Myers looked great offensively, they are a risk in the D zone.

Would like to go to

Hughes - Tanev

Fantenberg - Myers- Fantenberg has shown quite well so far

Benn- Stecher

To balance things out and bring some offense from all of the pairings until Edler returns.

Trading a winger for another 6-7 D man has to be top priority for them as well.

Trying to figure out why the Canucks played the perimeter game against Toronto. Is Muzzin that fearsome of a defenseman that no Canuck forward wanted to get into the dirty areas? The roster should still have enough heft to stake out a piece of the ice around the net rather than firing muffins from the hashmarks. Something Green is going to have to figure out.

• Upvote 1

The only way to beat Andersen last night, it seemed, was to clog the crease and get the garbage goals. Leivo did it, but that was it. Sure, the Canucks took a lot of shots, but they were easy saves for Andersen, because no one was screening etc. Shots taken from 25-30 feet out with no screen? Easy peasy. AND, going for the glove hand over and over, really? The two Johns (Garrett and Shorthouse) were saying the Canucks weren't getting the bounces, while the Leafs did. That's true to a point, but it's also an excuse for a losing team. The Canucks missed a lot of opportunities. Seems they might have a Loui 2.0 in Ferland. Well, a mish-mash of Loui and Olli. Big contract, and can't produce or stay healthy.

• Like 1