The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

52 minutes ago, Tystick said:

On a positive note, I'd say we're right there with Leafs on track to a cup window.

First time in a while that we could actually play them without getting manhandled.

Anderson was hot. Brock and Petey are slumping.

We will be contenders once we have another young guy or 2. Get 10m in cap once eriksson and Sutter leaves.  Demko becomes a top goalie. Petey and the rest of the guys get better every season. We could contend as soon as 2021-22  but I think we will peak closer 2025

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sounds like Mitch Marner is another gutless puke like Darnell Nurse. These pathetic asses should be kicked out of the league for lacking guts. 

These pukes are only able to get away with these antics because the Zebras main job is to manage a game and not to call penalties based on the rules.  The NHL is constantly evolving (for better or worst) and in the past, these pukes or rats would had been dealt with in a very different way; hopefully, the league with the players can find a happy medium between the old and the new for the betterment of this game I love - but I really don't expect it to happen cause society is already trending to reflect the changes.....

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

19 hours ago, spook007 said:

Why this negative ‘why should I... or what have you done for me lately’ attitude?
Its not a about you should be excited, its a question of supporting your team through thick and thin, and by showing them support, you may actually get that little bit extra, to get them back in to the play offs. 

Just was having a bad night 

• Haha 1

Found this "heat map" of the game.  Darker concentrations show where the shots were coming from.

Interesting to see that the leafs shots were concentrated near the net in the slot.  Canucks seem to be more on the perimeter.

Also interesting to see that the dark orange blob..... from where QH shoots.  

Canucks need to go to the dirty areas more often

3nFdyBD.jpg

Edited by Darius
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Darius said:

Found this "heat map" of the game.  Darker concentrations show where the shots were coming from.

Interesting to see that the leafs shots were concentrated near the net in the slot.  Canucks seem to be more on the perimeter.

Also interesting to see that the dark orange blob..... from where QH shoots.  

Canucks need to go to the dirty areas more often

3nFdyBD.jpg

Your exactly right, our bigger players have to play like BIGGER players.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, milk and honey said:

We will be contenders once we have another young guy or 2. Get 10m in cap once eriksson and Sutter leaves.  Demko becomes a top goalie. Petey and the rest of the guys get better every season. We could contend as soon as 2021-22  but I think we will peak closer 2025

By the time those 2 leaves the call space woulda been all eaten up plus more by Hughes and pettersson those 2 alone can easily be eating up 15+ mil by the time those 2 are gone. So we still need to have someone to come up to solidify the top 6.. hopefully podkolzin. 

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

By the time those 2 leaves the call space woulda been all eaten up plus more by Hughes and pettersson those 2 alone can easily be eating up 15+ mil by the time those 2 are gone. So we still need to have someone to come up to solidify the top 6.. hopefully podkolzin. 

Cap will go up to don't forget. 10m in 2 or 3seasons will be like 7.5m a few years ago