The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Welp, cooled down now :lol:. For most part it was a pretty even game, both teams had ups and downs.

Ferland going down early, really hurt us, his physical presence was being felt.

As a big Boeser fan I will a completely honest take, not going to sound like a hater or blinded homer. So far Brock's had an up and down season. He's not been playing as bad as some of you are making him out to be but he also hasn't played amazing. Ya, he's putting up points but he hasn't necessarily passed the eye test. Fore-check has been amazing this year, along with getting back defensively, and his passing and finish have been meh this year. We will see how the remainder of December goes but he sure looked fired up today from the get go which is a good sign imo. All those scoring chances is a good sign as well. To early in the season to write him off, also take into consideration of all the family stuff going on back in Minny. This can take a big toll on a player

EP40 has to be better, your big players have to step up in games like this.

Still frustrated with that last play by Miller and Pearson, completely garbage. Will take me a couple of days to get over those ones, ngl.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I mean, the game really wasn't that bad for the Canucks. Were buzzing just weren't finishing. Not sure why so many fans are up in arms. Couple bad defensive plays led to goals, oh well it happens. The game overall was pretty good. Just gotta finish on the looks they had. Few adjustments need to be made but no need to roast the team to the media. That can be done behind closed doors since the game wasn't a bad one.

Green not giving the media any fuel..... GCG ! 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Idk bout that.

Losing a ton, toppled with the cost of living rising probably.

When we become a consistent playoff team we will probably see more from the crowds. We're a bit away from that though.

I had access to a box during the Sedins heydays and it was amazing how few people in our box watched any of the game, they were there to be there just like most the crowd as ticket prices were so crazy a lot of Real fans couldn’t afford to go.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah the home crowd took a turn for the worse after 2011-12 when we started losing a bunch. Was that when the sell out streak ended?

Aye,

Its always likely to happen, when the team hits the skids, especially after the fans has gotten used to the good times... 

The sell out streak ended Oct 2014...

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

drunk GIF

Amazing how that poor dude passes out as he gets a whiff of the cashier at that 7-11 in Surrey.   I can relate to that............(I live in Abby) !

.....and please - spare me any "FLY" jokes !  (I already know we're "THE FLY Capital of the world".

Edited by RU SERIOUS

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I had access to a box during the Sedins heydays and it was amazing how few people in our box watched any of the game, they were there to be there just like most the crowd as ticket prices were so crazy a lot of Real fans couldn’t afford to go.

It's real unfortunate.

Every time I've gone recently a drink a little too much and try to always get the crowds going.

Doesn't work that well anymore.

Hopefully once we're successful that changes but we are probably a few years from that sort of consistent success.

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Aye,

Its always likely to happen, when the team hits the skids, especially after the fans has gotten used to the good times... 

The sell out streak ended Oct 2014...

Longer than I had expected. Hopefully more good times are ahead in the near future.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Maybe trade him and Horvat and make Leivo captain?    LOL!!!!!!!!!!! 

Relax. Anderson had the game of his life tonight. Any other night this would have been a 5-3 game.

Relax and read. It's not a knee jerk reaction, I'm giving an honest analysis of his season as a whole up to this point. I'm sure he'll turn it around but at the moment, he's definitely taken a step back from what his play used to be. I can agree that its fair to say his effort has been there, however, he's been weak on the boards, playmaking has been average, not pushing momentum like a top player, and his complete game still needs work. I will acknowledge that he is trying a lot defensively, even though it is not quite there yet. He is also now paid to score, so that is the expectation, he has 4 goals in his last 19 games, which is inexcusable.

As I said before, not trying to hate on Boeser, of course I want him to succeed. It'll come eventually, but it's been 30 games already this season.

Edited by MrCanuck94
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I believe he’ll be practicing his shot in practice more than usual tomorrow.

I hope so. I can get up to go for a pee and by the time I get back Boeser still hasn't released the puck. He really hasn't threatened much with his shot since his first 2 years. Good player and an under rated passer but I think his stats are padded playing with Pettersson, Going off nothing but anecdotal observation; this year he hasn't really been creating his own goals as he was in his rookie year. Don't get me wrong, I like Boeser and I acknowledge he has plenty of things going on off the ice, but I kind of expect more from him performance wise. I actually think he has looked his best with Horvat and not with Pettersson. This is all easy to say after a loss but it has been something I've noticed for most of the year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Not gonna lie, this team plays so small when Ferland is not in the lineup. The team definitely looked better before he went down.

I thought we played pretty good in the 3rd despite getting outscored.

Just a few mistakes defensively and Andersson playing at his best.

That said we're missing Motte as well in that regard. Roussel and Beagle play that way too though Roussel just got back.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

It's real unfortunate.

Every time I've gone recently a drink a little too much and try to always get the crowds going.

Doesn't work that well anymore.

Hopefully once we're successful that changes but we are probably a few years from that sort of consistent success.

Problem is, once we are successful the selfie, I was there,  no clue what hockey really is turds will dominate again. I’ll always miss the cheap games at the Pacific Coliseum when it was packed with real fans.