The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) JB looking to make amends for the 2016 entry draft!

We all know that JB and crew went for positional needs first in the 2016 NHL entry draft, which is always a huge mistake, and in essence created a gap or hole on the left side, as Mathew Tkachuck was the player that we all hoped JB would have taken. Three years later JB might be in the position to make amends. The Blue Jackets have a serious problem, they spent their load to take a run last year, and are a shadow of what they were last year. They need help in the goaltender position, and they need to restock the shelves with grade A prospects. I know this might be a stretch but PLD is the player JB had targeted in that draft, and he should target him now.

PLD  to Vancouver, for Vancouver's 2020 (our pick might be available if the Canucks are out of the playoffs) 1st round pick or 2021 1st rounder, Tyler Madden, Thatcher Demko, and Troy Stecher.

Thoughts?

New look lines:

Miller- Petersson- PLD

Gaudette- Horvat- Boeser

Pearson- Sutter- Virtanen

Roussel- Beagle- Leivo

Hughes- Tanev

Edler- Myers

Fatenberg- Benn

Edited by captaincowbasher
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 5

No thanks. We've already dished out a pick for Miller, I'm not interested in not having a first two years running.

Demko's likely our goaltender of the future, he's looked good this season. Madden's looked good, he might make a solid winger someday. 

He's also one of the least likely players for Columbus to trade. If young, top flight talent is what they need it'd be stupid for them to trade him at 21. The reality is, Columbus went all in and lost. They lost too many high caliber pieces at once, they're just gonna have to suffer or be a middling team for a while. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1st off, why does Vancouver try to trade for a young top C when they have Pettersson and Horvat? Vancouver has other jokes to fill. 

Secondly, there is no way a rebuilding team like Columbus trades a big talented 21yr old 1C. He’s the piece you build around, not the piece you move out to start the rebuild 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

We all know that JB and crew went for positional needs first in the 2016 NHL entry draft, which is always a huge mistake, and in essence created a gap or hole on the left side, as Mathew Tkachuck was the player that we all hoped JB would have taken. Three years later JB might be in the position to make amends. The Blue Jackets have a serious problem, they spent their load to take a run last year, and are a shadow of what they were last year. They need help in the goaltender position, and they need to restock the shelves with grade A prospects. I know this might be a stretch but PLD is the player JB had targeted in that draft, and he should target him now.

PLD  to Vancouver, for Vancouver's 2020 (our pick might be available if the Canucks are out of the playoffs) 1st round pick or 2021 1st rounder, Tyler Madden, Thatcher Demko, and Troy Stecher.

Thoughts?

New look lines:

Miller- Petersson- PLD

Gaudette- Horvat- Boeser

Pearson- Sutter- Virtanen

Roussel- Beagle- Leivo

Hughes- Tanev

Edler- Myers

Fatenberg- Benn

I don't recall things the way you do. Personally, I'd have preferred it if the team had drafted Sergachev.

As has been pointed out by others, there is no way that Columbus would trade Dubois for a lot of potential in Demko, a possible middle of the field 1st and some prospects.

regards,  G.

PLD was our target because we were short at C. We now Have Pettersson, Horvat, and possibly Gaudette as our future 123 punch for years to come. I wouldnt trade either of Petey of Horvat straight up for him so I'll have to say no to this 1

1 hour ago, Brock Botanen said:

PLD was our target because we were short at C. We now Have Pettersson, Horvat, and possibly Gaudette as our future 123 punch for years to come. I wouldnt trade either of Petey of Horvat straight up for him so I'll have to say no to this 1

as much as I love petey .,bo and gaudette  , we still need a big talented center. ,  every time we play  against a team with a big skilled  center  , the canucks have difficulty containing that center . the Toronto game Matthews  , the pitts game malkin  , ana  getzlaf   and tonight   we have staal  , 6.4 220 lb . Stall is going to be the difference maker tonight because the canucks  just don't have that  center with size 

13 hours ago, the grinder said:

as much as I love petey .,bo and gaudette  , we still need a big talented center. ,  every time we play  against a team with a big skilled  center  , the canucks have difficulty containing that center . the Toronto game Matthews  , the pitts game malkin  , ana  getzlaf   and tonight   we have staal  , 6.4 220 lb . Stall is going to be the difference maker tonight because the canucks  just don't have that  center with size 

How is CBJ doing with PLD?

17 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

How is CBJ doing with PLD?

19 points in 31 games 2nd leading scoring on cbj  tho he is a -9  and  I never mentioned that we should target him  , I said we need a big skilled center  perhaps like a pld type . you are better off drafting that type of player anyways 

Reaching a little to high and offering up a little too much.

The rebuild through the draft is not finished,, again too many posters compare players on this team to each other for skill level or hopeful game impact but what a lot of posters ignore is the fact that after 6 drafts there is only 3 top players from drafting and only 4 regulars over all making the team.

For dim jim to make up for the 2016 draft might be to package OJ, Eriksson and another draft pick, maybe a second rounder for some other teams later round draft cikd, maybe he could use the 2016 1rst rounder to move the elephant in the room, that might be the best hope.

Certainly he and most of the posters must realize that the rebuild is not finished and that this team is still the worst overall over the last 4+ seasons in the NHL so finding hope in another player that will carry the team like OJ has been going to do for 3 years now is just conversation and not reality until it happens. The prospects so far are not good enough to beat out any of the existing players on a team that looks destined to repeat past seasons with maybe another 2  to 4 point improvement, just one injury to Tanev, Horvat or Markstrom and start making cap space and gathering as many draft picks for this year's draft.

JB is held up a super star NHL genius by many posters so he must see what is so obvious to the average stupid fan, this team isn't competing 5 on 5 and would not survive one round in the playoffs when the real hitting starts and whistles go into the pockets

On 12/13/2019 at 11:13 PM, the grinder said:

19 points in 31 games 2nd leading scoring on cbj  tho he is a -9  and  I never mentioned that we should target him  , I said we need a big skilled center  perhaps like a pld type . you are better off drafting that type of player anyways 

Bo, Petey, Gaudette.. I just dont see the need for a big skilled center.

6 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Bo, Petey, Gaudette.. I just dont see the need for a big skilled center.

. Like brain burke has said  center and dmen are the most valuable to a team  and you can never have enough of those players in your system  so yes we could use a big skilled center in the system