The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Scheer stepping down as Conservative Party leader/Which has morphed into the Gun Control thread

Mackcanuck

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

she'd be the smartest pick they could make, imo. 

The best of the bunch that is already around, but the party may go to an "outside" leader. Some captain of industry type- along the lines of Kevin O'Leary-with out the boating accident history.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Thank god the guys an idiot, racist, homophobe and against womans rights. He cost the Conservatives the election and helped re-elect that scumbag Trudeau

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dekey Pete said:

Scheer was the only thing stopping me from voting conservative this past election.

Only thing?

I mean he clearly sucked as a leader but their awful, proven to fail, trickle down economic plan and corporate welfare at the expense of massive service cuts to actual Canadians is also a pretty good reason. Their archaic social policies are another pretty good one. Their laughable environmental plan would be another.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dekey Pete said:

Scheer was the only thing stopping me from voting conservative this past election.  I went to a local meet and greet type event with all of the candidates in my riding, and the conservative candidate was the best of the bunch, hands down.  Smart, educated, tolerant well spoken person.  But I just did not like the things that Scheer stood for, and the fact that he had already been caught lying/back peddling so many times leading up to and during his campaign.  I couldn't imagine the kind of corruption he would bring in an actual position of power.  

Time for the conservatives to elect better leadership.

I’ve said before, similar events like what’s happening in the States would have started happening here if Scheer was elected. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

The best of the bunch that is already around, but the party may go to an "outside" leader. Some captain of industry type- along the lines of Kevin O'Leary-with out the boating accident history.

O'Leary :picard: what a fail that was.

Ambrose is one of the, actually maybe the, only former Harperite that I'd be OK with seeing as PM, assuming she doesn't have to tilt to the social con base to win. Thats the big issue within the CPC, that hard core social con camp. They gave us Harper and Scheer. There would have to be an influx of new CPC members to give Ambrose a real shot at leading and not be hampered by the social con's. MacKay probably has a better chance of appealing to those folks, unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

If only the CONs would do more than simply give us a new leader. 

Repudiation of the social conservative garbage that permeates the brand for one.  It was sad that they had a leader who never attended gay pride parades while leader, but would attend pro-birth rallies. 

An end to their sad love affair with voodoo economics.   Cuts to social programs to pay for tax cuts isn't going to cut it.  Jason Kenney's approval rating has plummeted over the past couple  months.  Cuts to social programs could have something to do with it.

And third on the docket,  reform of their environmental policies.   The fact that there are significant numbers of climate change deniers in their flock shows one area that needs to change.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he'd be jumping into retirement. No way he gets a single vote in Quebec and he's painted himself into a regional corner so he won't win Ontario either. Nah, he's going to stay put. 

I do hope the CPC can bring itself to stop putting forward social conservatives as leaders, but kinda hope they drop the ball again too :P

He's an egomaniac.  He's taking credit for things he had no hand in.

If he felt he had a shot he'd jump in

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He's an egomaniac.  He's taking credit for things he had no hand in.

If he felt he had a shot he'd jump in

thats true. But who's going to displace him as King of Alberta? no one. He'll keep a death grip on that leadership and Albertans won't ever elect a non-PC government. He's got a job for life, due to Albertans unwillingness to make changes most of the time. Notely was the multi-generational exception. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

See folks this is why I voted for Truedope, the lesser evil.  No way I was voting for this con-artist.  I said in the election thread my vote was more anti-con than pro-Truedope and this is why.  Some people just have that look to them that you cannot trust a word they say.  JT aint perfect but he's better than this clown.  

Andrew Scheer made Stephane Dion look like Charelton Heston. I don't understand how anybody would think that he had any characteristics associated with leadership. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2