The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

KES JUICE PODCAST TREND

Rate this topic

Squamfan

15 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

There is a ton of gold from the first two podcasts.

Bert was a guest on episode one and he told a story about how Jyrki Lumme ripped a huge beer fart during practice and when Mike Keenan came over, he yelled at everyone to evacuate the ice. 

Burrows was a guest on episode two and Bieksa detailed how he heard a couple 'getting it on' in a hotel room in Chicago and tricked Burrows into knocking on the door to their hotel suite, which resulted in the guy in that suite yelling and chasing him down to the front desk to complain. Bieksa then "magically" shows up to calm the guest down.

Bieksa and Kesler both said that they still watch a lot of Canucks games and that they like the direction the team's heading. Kesler had particularly high praise for Hughes.

Kesler admitted that it was deflating for him to get booed at his first game back at Rogers Arena after the trade. Through his other comments, it was pretty obvious that Kesler still loves and cares about Vancouver and that it genuinely hurt him to get that kind of reception. Bieksa thinks that Kesler can become "tight" with Vancouver again.

Kesler also revealed that Marc Crawford yelled at him to the point that he needed to see a sports psychologist.

The podcast as a whole has some pretty downright hilarious moments even if it's a little unpolished at times. Definitely worth a listen for anyone looking to go on a nostalgia trip.

OMG WHAT LOL

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

OMG WHAT LOL

Haha, you're posting the podcasts, didn't you listen to it?  It was a funny story.  Everybody on the canucks poked their heads out when they heard the couple "getting it on".  Even the Sedins poked their heads out, and they all laughed.  Juice called up Burrows and asked him to get ice for him.  Juice told him to go to the room where the couple was, and Burr got an earful from the guy (guess he was in a room that didn't hear the couple).  At the end Juice came in and said this was all a misunderstanding, and the guy said to juice that he was a nice guy, but not Burr.  :lol:

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Brad Marchand said:

There is a ton of gold from the first two podcasts.

Bert was a guest on episode one and he told a story about how Jyrki Lumme ripped a huge beer fart during practice and when Mike Keenan came over, he yelled at everyone to evacuate the ice. 

Burrows was a guest on episode two and Bieksa detailed how he heard a couple 'getting it on' in a hotel room in Chicago and tricked Burrows into knocking on the door to their hotel suite, which resulted in the guy in that suite yelling and chasing him down to the front desk to complain. Bieksa then "magically" shows up to calm the guest down.

Bieksa and Kesler both said that they still watch a lot of Canucks games and that they like the direction the team's heading. Kesler had particularly high praise for Hughes.

Kesler admitted that it was deflating for him to get booed at his first game back at Rogers Arena after the trade. Through his other comments, it was pretty obvious that Kesler still loves and cares about Vancouver and that it genuinely hurt him to get that kind of reception. Bieksa thinks that Kesler can become "tight" with Vancouver again.

Kesler also revealed that Marc Crawford yelled at him to the point that he needed to see a sports psychologist.

The podcast as a whole has some pretty downright hilarious moments even if it's a little unpolished at times. Definitely worth a listen for anyone looking to go on a nostalgia trip.

Kes was just such a warrior for the Canucks it hurt a lot of people when he asked for that trade. Time heals all though but even just from listening to the first episode Kes in my opinion is still a Canuck through and through. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Took Kes a while to get going. But great podcast. 

Glad to hear how much respect Kesler has for Linden. Saying how he showed him the ropes when he broke into the NHL. 

Kes understands that your strong offence starts with a solid defence. 

Great to hear how Kes still loves Vancouver, and visits 6-7 times a year. Maybe this is a good way to mend fences. 

(It seems that he was hurt when fans in Vancouver booed him.) 

Juice is just a natural as a broadcaster. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

On 12/13/2019 at 4:49 PM, Smashian Kassian said:

Kes was my favourite player, I've never really hated him. The team was a mess I definitely don't blame him for wanting out.

Handcuffing our options? Not ideal but he did earn that NTC by signing a team friendly contract, which allowed us extra cap room to build a contender. 

Lying about wanting out? Not a good look. Won't defend it but I give him a pass b/c he was my fav & a great Canuck. 

I know many disagree, just my personal perspective. He was a warrior here & gave us his best years. His body is in pieces now so I don't just glance past that. 

Agree 100%. While he was here, he was the majority of fan's favorite player. The reason we loved him is also the same reason why we hated him when he left. He wanted to win. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, naslund.is.king said:

Or it just shows im looking at it from a different angle..Like who'll be listening to it and entertainment value.

If you don't think Kesler and Juice would be entertaining to listen to you're wrongly mistaken they brought entertainment here for years just with their antics.

You know they have stories to tell.. 

To each and their own but these two were best buds as long as they played in a Canuck uni and beyond.. I just listened give it a whirl.

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just started listening to Episode 5... these guys are such a good duo on air. Absolutely love it.

Will listen to the rest as well. I can't believe how behind I am!

Hopefully they do something about the sound quality.