The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

KES JUICE PODCAST TREND

Rate this topic

Squamfan

Really liking it so far. Love the insights as not officially retired players and the stories from behind the scenes. 

In episode one Kess talked about how he handled leaving Van and I truly think he has regrets with the way he handled everything. 

I love how they just get off topic so easy...lol

8 hours ago, kingfreako said:

I've listened to all of them so far. Bieksa is an entertaining storyteller and you can tell he's always trying to get Kesler to talk more but Kesler has the charisma of a damp towel.

Most of Bieksa's introductions of his co-host Kesler and all of their guests are pretty well thought out and hilarious. 

Also Kesler talking about KB's fat lip and how it made him look retarded nd the entire team was making fun of him hahaha

On 1/19/2020 at 11:27 PM, AV's Coin said:

Episode 7 is by far the best. Unreal timing to have Kassian on of all players this week. 

Absolutely the best.  Despite their attempts to be even-handed you can tell they're both with Kas on the Tkachuk issue.  And I really like how they all handled Kas' addiction issues straight up with no bs while saying how proud they are of him for overcoming them.  The human bond between ex-team mates really came through there.

5 hours ago, mikkim said:

Episode 8 was great, don't know how they are going to top this one, if you have never listened to an interview with Darcy Hordichuk you'll be in for a real treat.

last thing i remember of hordichuk, was him tryna elbow kesler on the last game before playoffs, cant remember if it was 2011 or 2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 4:32 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

He had an NTC which he took in lieu of more money and chose to use it when the time came.

Kesler signed an offer sheet with Philly early on.  He was a guy who used every negotiating tactic to his benefit.

Once he left for Anaheim?  Look at the crippling, ridiculous contract they are saddled with now. He did what Lou did before 2010/11. The team was getting to a point where they would be good. Then held the team over the bareel for an absolute over the top long term contract, So he would stay for that potential SCF year.

I dont share the opinion he received the NTC because he was underpaid.

Then that he demanded a trade, but used it only to be traded where he wanted?

Repeating the theory. He's just good, very dogged at negotiating what he wants.