The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sharks, 7PM PST December 14, 2019 -- Shark Tank Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

Most teams have been doing really well on the first night with a new coach... Or at least it seems like it this year. 

Let's bump that trend and hand the sharks another defeat! 

Really like our 3rd line. I think they'll deliver big time. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

They already lost with their new coach once I believe.  They will be hungry in this one for sure

Yeah they lost night before last and will be hungry at home. Canucks need to be prepared and have to weather the likely first period surge from SJ.

Just got my Burrows bobble head for the Carolina game, which we won. It’ll be out again proudly displayed on the shelf towards the tv. Dragon slayer gonna be a good luck charm this season for our Canucks I can feel it!

• Cheers 4

This game could be getting close to watershed time for San Jose where they decide to pact it in for the season.

After firing the coach the team should be motivated to break out of their slump.

If they do move Burns up to forward this could make a huge impact on the forward lines as his size is so much bigger than most of the Canucks defence and he does hit.

Likewise for the Canucks a win helps distance one of their competitors for third overall in the division.

Although the Canucks do have injuries they cannot be the excuse again for another collapse, their 5 on 5 play has to improve to play in the real season in late April.

Even with or if Norris winning Burns moves up to forward that still leaves another Norris winner on the back line.

The SJ biggest weakness happens to be the biggest strenghth of the Canucks, goaltending and it looks like Markstrom will be getting back to back games.

SJ has some big boys so maybe there will be some hitting.

10 hours ago, WZRD said:

I’m expecting a goal from Boeser. 

65A24E8E-08A0-4089-82B3-9BABA47A73C9.jpeg

I think this is going to be a break out night for the Canucks. They seem to score in bunches or not at all, and they haven't had a high scoring game in awhile. Tonights the night Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, Horvat, and Hughes all get on the score sheet.

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

I think this is going to be a break out night for the Canucks. They seem to score in bunches or not at all, and they haven't had a high scoring game in awhile. Tonights the night Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, Horvat, and Hughes all get on the score sheet.

Not to mention that they owe Markstrom for last game

• Upvote 3

Good OP for Gameday as always.

fun fact- Orcas are not whales. There’re the largest species in the dolphin family.

so a Orca is not a killer Whale is it’s a big kickass Dolphin ninja....and they wheeell kiiiillll.

im ready for my nightly playtime. The Orca is Petey and the sharks is named Joey....and that’s scuba Harry.

bring on the Battle.....I’m ready....extra sugar in my coffee

Go Canucks Goo

439B9AF5-552E-4AF1-A0C5-34DC83C08743.jpeg

2816357F-1764-44B8-A00E-377838954DCD.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

This game could be getting close to watershed time for San Jose where they decide to pact it in for the season.

After firing the coach the team should be motivated to break out of their slump.

If they do move Burns up to forward this could make a huge impact on the forward lines as his size is so much bigger than most of the Canucks defence and he does hit.

Likewise for the Canucks a win helps distance one of their competitors for third overall in the division.

Although the Canucks do have injuries they cannot be the excuse again for another collapse, their 5 on 5 play has to improve to play in the real season in late April.

Even with or if Norris winning Burns moves up to forward that still leaves another Norris winner on the back line.

The SJ biggest weakness happens to be the biggest strenghth of the Canucks, goaltending and it looks like Markstrom will be getting back to back games.

SJ has some big boys so maybe there will be some hitting.

As of recently SJ has been playing pretty physical. Big hits, fights, punching goalies and lots of scrums after the whistle.

Will be interesting to see how we respond if the game goes that direction.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1