The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sharks, 7PM PST December 14, 2019 -- Shark Tank Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Leivo has 3 goals in the last 4 games. Brock needs to get going which he might be able to do with lesser competition on the 3rd line and SJ sieves for goalies 

hmm, well doesn't Horvat need to get going?  hasn't had a goal since sometime in November, I would think  that would be just as important. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Does that stat include his first game as a canuck where he decided to score on his own team?

Someone posted the Loui E game scoring Canuck win percentage a few games ago. It was a  crazy high percentage . But it made sense cuz Loui doesn’t score very much and they’re probably mostly empty net final minute goals.

anyways this game tonight seems like it’s brewing up to be a banger game....should be fun. 

12 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I was posting for that line combo starting a few games back when JV and Petey started showing a bit of chemistry.

The idea is to have guys that will win board battles, can shoot and are hard to move from the crease thus creating space for Petey.

The opposition D can't give Virt and Miller space because both will drive the net, Boeser just shoots and isn't physical or have a fast enough first step to take advantage of the space he's given when teams are cheating towards Petey.

Against a SJ, I really like putting two fast, heavy guys with Petey. If JV will just go to the net with his stick on the ice I think that line is capable of scoring in a bunch of ways, especially if Hughes gets deployed with them.

how often does Jake drive the net, when he played with Horvat, he started to and he vanished

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

We fused Sutter and Hutton to protect em both come expansion draft.

In the Las Vegas expansion. 

Its good that Sutters back....he’s shown his worth this season, it’s amazing how well he’s played, with never having time to get a rythem and being rusty all of his Canucks career dealings with injuries.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If you're going to split up Petey and Brock, why not give Bo a top 6 winger to play with? makes no sense to me. Oh well. 

I do like the Miller-Petey-Jake experiment tho. 

Agree 

that’s why I would put Bo with Brock but can only think Green is trying to give Brock weaker lines to match up against 

• Upvote 1