The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Missing Tags]Time to start looking for a new coaching staff

3 hours ago, Lindenforpresident said:

After watching game after game of Travis Green and staff continuously trying the same thing over and over again with the same results just Maybe it is time Benning should look at a making a change, as I have lost all confidence that the staff can make any in game adjustments or even pre game decisions that will lead to the playoffs. Watching Pety have to carry Brock in all zones night after night... well it's infuriating and getting old! At least Goldy got him the puck.

I was reading it seriously until this.

Goldy couldn't get the puck out of the zone and he was mostly invisible in the offensive zone until EP spoon fed him the puck. And yet, he hit posts or missed.

At least Brock gets breakaway and shooting opportunities from the slot. The problem with Brock is that his shot is not as heavy as it used to be. Don't know why, they need to figure it out.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

How many GM’s get to hire a third coach during and immediately after a rebuild?  

Benning has been absolutely stellar with his drafting I think him hiring a third coach

is well within what should be allowed when you consider the amount of work JB had to

do to get the team where its at today?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Can you elaborate please?

I agree that JB has done a masterful job rebuilding the team and providing great depth in the organization.  I think JB has set us up for a decade of winning.  However I can’t think of a GM, who through the rebuilding phase, was allowed by their owner to go through 3 coaches.